Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I started to do the modifications to my headlights to retrofit projector headlights in them. I need to do some filing and trimming on the edges but I like the way it is going.

Two steps forward and one step back. I received some good news that it looks like we can eliminate the front wing window and have a plan of action on the quarter window glass. The plan is to use side safety glass from a Ford Flex for the door glass and a section from a Mazda Miata windshield to make the quarter glass. Both will take some trimming but since the door glass on the Flex is safety glass we will be able to trim it unlike if it was tempered glass.

The step back is with the lights. I fitted the projectors to the headlight buckets and when I did I wrapped everything in blue tape to protect the finish. When I had everything lined up and ready to glue I pulled off the tape and when I did it peeled the chrome off the projector shroud. Since it is all glued together I will have to start all over again. I had a few choice words when that happened. The good side is I was able to upgrade my projectors to a newer version that will provide a better beam of light. I hope to have the new parts in by this weekend and be able to start on that project again.

Well ain't that a kick in the ass!

It is ready for the suspension work. It should be shipped fro Ron Sutton Race Technologies early next week. The control arm mfg accidentally shipped two of the same side upper control arms. That delayed shipment by about 3 weeks. Now I just have to wait for my chassis guy to have the time for install.

Looking great now! you must be happy with the results

Country Flag: Canada
      Car is looking spectacular.

Country Flag: Canada
      Truly a work of art!

Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

Country Flag: Australia
      Can't wait to see this parked next to a stock one

Hot rodder's recycle, wheres those prius' going when the tree huggers have a new fad.

Quote Originally Posted by linkstar69 View Post
      Can't wait to see this parked next to a stock one
      I can't either. The difference will be striking. I hope it still has enough connection to the original car that it is still recognizable. I think it will since the roof line and basic flow of the car hasn't changed. It is all the little things that I hope enhance the car. Basically if it was made today this is what you would get.

Thanks for the compliments. It looks like my chassis guy may have time at the end of the month to finish the Ron Sutton Clip and torque arm install. After that it goes back to the body shop for some paint!

T.C. posted this in the "Random Transportation" thread, I thought it would look good here.
      Just for giggles.....

Looking awesome, Darreld! One thing I'd like to suggest: how about adding more radius to the upper corners to the lower grill, making it look like an inverted version of the upper grill. Kind-of a mirror image to complement the original opening shape.

Quote Originally Posted by StreetMachine82 View Post
      Looking awesome, Darreld! One thing I'd like to suggest: how about adding more radius to the upper corners to the lower grill, making it look like an inverted version of the upper grill. Kind-of a mirror image to complement the original opening shape.
      ^^^ Agree ^^^ and think I said something similar a few pages back. GREAT BUILD!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Hey! What do we have here?

Name:  20170410_145421.jpg
Views: 1955
Size:  300.3 KB

Going in the Fedex truck today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Sutton View Post

Hey Ron, is that one of your front hubs?

Darreld, car looks spectacular! You've managed to enhance the design and keep it subtle and elegant. Awesome!
      Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

Quote Originally Posted by sccacuda View Post
      Hey Ron, is that one of your front hubs?

Darreld, car looks spectacular! You've managed to enhance the design and keep it subtle and elegant. Awesome!
      Sort of. Not a standard one. It's wider than yours & has a 5 x 4.5" bolt pattern for Darreld's wheels.

Love the 12-point fasteners! Airframe bolts or something else?

I can't wait to get this car on the track! That looks fantastic!! Thanks Ron!

Quote Originally Posted by OLDFLM View Post
      ^^^ Agree ^^^ and think I said something similar a few pages back. GREAT BUILD!
      I am listening to you guys. I did have my body guy rework the valance and smooth some of the edges. We concentrated more on the bottom lines which were much more harsh before. I can see where softening the upper lines would make it a little better. I will look into doing that as well. Thanks for the input. Thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr G View Post
      Love the 12-point fasteners! Airframe bolts or something else?
      Not aircraft. Just a superior bolt to grade 8. Grade 8 bolts are rated at 150,000 psi. Grade 9 is 190,000 psi. These are 170,000 psi.

On our GT & TA clips we run a few hollow Chromoly bolts (only in double shear). They look trick, are lighter, but not stronger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 68EFIvert View Post
      I can't wait to get this car on the track! That looks fantastic!! Thanks Ron!
      I'm excited to see it in the Volvo !

I too k a little video of the car today. I tried to incorporate as many details as I could. I also took some pictures of the door next to the window. We had to build it out since the wing windows will be deleted for a one piece door glass. That should really clean up the look.

Now I need to figure out how to load the video.........https://youtu.be/8oyho4sRRi4

Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com