Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Mounting locations (trunk-mounted battery):

Mega-fuses are mounted along the inside of the passenger wheel well about 12" from the battery. I have six (3 power cells).

rear power cell: mounted on top of the passenger-side wheel well, back up under the quarter panel sail panel. I made some stand-offs for each corner of the box, since that's a curved surface.

front power cell: mounted on the radiator core support up under the DSE close-out panel. It is bolted to the core support using nut-serts.

cabin power cell and inMOTION controller: mounted sandwich-style (they are the bread, and the bracket is the meat) and hung vertically from the cowl above the gas pedal. The big fuse for the inMOTION controller is mounted on the dash brace near where the OEM radio would go.

mastercell: Mounted horizontally face down (for easy programming) to the left of the steering column and up behind the dash insert.

Hope that helps.

jp
      Last edited by parsonsj; 06-27-2010 at 08:00 PM.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

I havent ordered the inMOTION yet..... is the fuse the same as the Megafuses? and are there 2 of them also?

When doing the programming, is there alot of need to be able to read the screen easily? I may have to mount my Mastercell sideways. I want to mount it flat on the firewall, but right where I want to mount it, the firewall kicks out a tad....it will fit on the flat section if I mount it sideways....my other option is the flat surface near the kickpanel, but then the screen faces towards the center of the car....

The inMOTION doesn't use mega-fuses. It uses a dual 50A connector with ground wires (probably because it has to create reverse polarity circuits). You will still need to bring a 6g or 8g wire from the battery or starter to the inMOTION controller.

As long as you can see the MasterCell face, and get the programmer connector in without having to R&R it, that should be fine.

jp
      John Parsons

Country Flag: Australia
      Hi John,

I noticed earlier in the thread that you use the Molex Circuit ZRC connectors and also use the Metric Pack rectangler bulkhead conenctors. I have been trying to get my hands on these in Australia with no luck, Ive also contacted several US suppliers and they wont ship to Australia. I am currently getting all the bits and pieces togther for a complete rewire of my 69 Camaro using ISIS and need something like these for the need install.

I was wondering if you sell these connectors, and if so would so send a few to Oz ?

By the way this thread has helped me heaps with figuring out how I am going to set the system up

Cheers,

Lyndsay

Lyndsay,

I believe so, though the paperwork just to ship to Canada was overwhelming. Drop me a PM and let's see just what you need and take it from there.

jp
      John Parsons

Country Flag: Australia
      PM sent - Thanks John.
      Lyndsay

Go Hard or Go Home

John
      I am installing a Accel Gen 7 harness and interested in using the connector you used. My harness and unit were used ...had accel check them out..and it has two harnesses to run through the firewall rather than one ...argh. My guess is some other application harness rather the standard BBC/ SBC application . Anyway, you mentioned running starter solenoid AND injectors via power cell? How did you run injectors via power cell vs regular EFI harness? How do I go about purchasing one of the connectors from you so I can just drill one hole rather then two?
      Thanks
      David Beckstrom DVM

Hey John
      I'm interested in getting some of those bulkhead connectors too..... Please PM or post up here again....

Ned

John -

If I can dredge a conversation up from the depths, I have a question about the fan wiring on the PowerCell: Can you please tell me what the signal is to turn on the fans? In other words, what signal is the Mastercell looking for to activate the fan wiring? Do you still pull that signal from the ECM?

It's definitely a remedial wiring question, but I certainly appreciate the help.

~ Jason

Jason,

The signal for the for the fans came from either the ECM or the A/C module. The MasterCell programming made that easy--either input would enable the fans.

I've also wired A/C support through the ECM. The FAST XFI supports that; you "ask" the ECM if it's ok to turn on the A/C, and then it sends a signal out to the MasterCell. In that case, the MasterCell only sees one input for fan enable.

Hope that helps.
      John Parsons

If it's like my E38 ECM, the fan output from the ECM itself is a ground-trigger ie: you can send it straight to the input of the ISIS system. You'll need to test if that is the case with your specific setup before making a connection but that's how mine works.

G.

Good point! The MasterCell is looking for ground inputs. Don't send it a 12v signal or you'll ruin it.
      John Parsons

If you only have a 12v trigger, you can pick up inVert from ISIS which converts from 12v to ground trigger: http://www.isispower.com/products/ac...ch-buffer.html.
      Will Ellis
      1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 1/2 Dart / 1/2 Viper...
      Build Thread

Gents, I've been considering the ISIS system as well and based on some of the comments on this thread, have a few questions on what you guys have done. I still have my original harness but really do not want to use the connectors/sockets for lights, etc. In addition to the bulkhead connectors discussed, is there a source for new connectors/sockets to allow the use of all new wiring with the ISIS system short of buying a new complete harness and using only the connectors? I see on various aftermarket websites that new sockets are available. Anyone have a complete list of necessary connectors for use with ISIS assuming no reuse of existing/old connectors. I will continue my search but anyone has some input, it is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dan

John/Gandalf/Will - Thank you all for the information. This definitely gives me enough info to be dangerous; now to find out how my ECM is set up.

Thanks again.

~ Jason

Isis

I haven't installed mine in the car yet, but have it on my workbench to test out functionality. I'm building an Android interface so I can install a 7" tablet in the double din space. I'm still working on screen layouts but I have working with ISIS.

Name:  Screenshot_2012-12-09-21-30-03[1].jpg
Views: 605
Size:  11.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by wellis77 View Post
      If you only have a 12v trigger, you can pick up inVert from ISIS which converts from 12v to ground trigger: http://www.isispower.com/products/ac...ch-buffer.html.
      I used one of these with the 12v fuel-pump signal into ISIS. Rear PowerCell runs the fuel pump. Works well. Very nice that you can literally wire it in-line and heat-shrink over it.

G.

Quote Originally Posted by rustbucket69 View Post
      In addition to the bulkhead connectors discussed, is there a source for new connectors/sockets to allow the use of all new wiring with the ISIS system short of buying a new complete harness and using only the connectors? I see on various aftermarket websites that new sockets are available. Anyone have a complete list of necessary connectors for use with ISIS assuming no reuse of existing/old connectors.
      I've been fascinated by this system since it came out and I'm glad to hear some real-world user feedback on it. I'll be starting my Firebird project with a bare shell so I'll definitely be needing a complete wiring harness, and I am hoping someone has the connector list RB asked about.
      Adapting a CAN-BUS system to our older hot-rods is about the coolest thing to come around since the LS-engines!

Not sure what connectors you are referring to specifically but the ISIS system comes with a decent length color-coded wire run for each PowerCell output (pre-terminated on the PC end). In some cases you may need to extend based on your placement of the PC. As for what's on the other end - that's up to you. If you are talking about lamps then those should be fairly standard off-the-shelf items at most parts stores and many come with at least a small run so you just join them the best way you want. For more exposed connections I went with a weatherpack style of connector (eg: my electric fans and water pump). ISIS supply ample connectors for general wire connectivity but again I'm not sure if that's what you are referring to. Keep in mind that by the time you distribute the PowerCells as intended, your need for long wire runs (ie: "harness" as you described) diminishes greatly. Again, "connectors" will depend on exactly what you intend to run with the ISIS system.

Hope that helps.
      G.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
      ISIS supply ample connectors for general wire connectivity but again I'm not sure if that's what you are referring to. Keep in mind that by the time you distribute the PowerCells as intended, your need for long wire runs (ie: "harness" as you described) diminishes greatly. Again, "connectors" will depend on exactly what you intend to run with the ISIS system.
      Hope that helps.
      G.
      Sorry for being so generic, I meant the connectors for the engine computer, transmission connectors, more specialized connectors that aren't commonly available. I'm assuming the harness from the engine computer to the injectors, TPS, etc remains the same...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com