Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Another Noob

Another Noob

Hey y'all,
      Just another new guy. Working my way thru the design stages of a tube frame AWD first gen S-10 for a madrid of racing venues. Looking forward to input and sharing my knowledge as well as accepting the help that is offered.

A tube frame box S-10 sounds like a blast!! AWD too? Powerplant? front drive system? Cool project and WELCOME!!

Jim..Car Junkie
      1969 Vette--Big pistons, No turbo....yet
      RX7 Turbo II--No pistons. Big turbo--now in my Daughter's garage
      68 RS Z/28, '12 Boss 302, 86 911, several RX7's, 3rd gen f-bodies, fox body, and many more..(gone)

Welcome! Any pictures? I am also building a s10 and thought about going awd but decided c5 would fit me best.

Quote Originally Posted by jimco84x View Post
      A tube frame box S-10 sounds like a blast!! AWD too? Powerplant? front drive system? Cool project and WELCOME!!
      Just in the design phase now. It's my first full blown build, I've built a few racing lawnmowers and a couple of vehicles but they are mainly bolt-on kinda builds. Current truck is a static dropped rcsb Sierra, 5.3 with a cam, converter, gears, tube a-arms and big hotchkis sway bars, QA1 double adjustable shocks and billets. I wanted something a little wilder and something that I can run hill climb's, targa and lap days with.

It's a 92 rcsb dime. I'm currently working on the front suspension design now. Rear will be 3 link with a narrowed 8.8. I'm planning on using a f-150 8.8 IFS front axle assembly. They are psychically smaller then the GM equivalent and should be up to the task, but I'm also considering using a 188mm BMW front diff. I'm planning on using a GM 5 speed and a TBSS transfer case. The plan is an aluminum LS, not sure on displacement yet, or possibly an inline turbo 4cyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymzz View Post
      Welcome! Any pictures? I am also building a s10 and thought about going awd but decided c5 would fit me best.
      Just a roller in the corner at the moment. Need to finalize the chassis in CAD then order some tube !

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome! Sounds like a neat project.

If you ever watch Youtube, there is a guy named Jeremy, who just put together a twin turbo LT1 S10 with AWD. You can look him up as "Fasterproms." You S10 guys apparently don't mess around!
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sbeck09 View Post
      Welcome! Sounds like a neat project.

If you ever watch Youtube, there is a guy named Jeremy, who just put together a twin turbo LT1 S10 with AWD. You can look him up as "Fasterproms." You S10 guys apparently don't mess around!
      I've been watching Jeremy build his as well. It's funny, I've had this idea for a while now and all of a sudden there's one being built on YouTube haha.
      I've highly considered following in his footsteps and using a 4x4 chassis from the start, but I want to widen my fab skill set and this is a perfect time for me to commit to a large scale project in my life. Wish me luck !

I can always use more build threads to follow! Good luck, it's a great way to learn all kinds of new fab skills.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Welcome!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

We Gotta have pictures!! Welcome to the site..

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com