• Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Run Thru The Hills VII has sold out

NOTE: THIS EVENT HAS SOLD OUT!

September 23, 24 and 25 2011
      Rain or Shine

Note: The weekend this event runs has changed!

Here we go again. It's time for another Run Thru The Hills event in Pigeon Forge TN. Bill Howell of MuscleRides.com has once again organized what promises to be an unforgettable event: the 7th annual MuscleRides.com Run Thru The Hills. Scheduled during the beautiful mid September weather of "God's Country" Tennessee, this event will feature a plethora of pro-touring cars and enthusiasts; autocrossing, drag racing, Speedstop Challenge and a cruise through the Dragon --what more could a pro-touring enthusiast ask for?

Friday now has two options!

Friday option 1 - A day of autocross school at Smokies Stadium follwed by a BBQ dinner

Friday Option 2 - A cruise over the Tail of the Dragon follwed by a BBQ dinner

Want more? This event is a qualifying event for the optima batteries Ultimate Streetcar Invitational it's your chance to win an invite for the 2011 event that runs the day after SEMA in Nevada.

Want even more? It is also a Team T/A Contingency event. Show up, sign up and you too could win cash money!

Join us and experience what pro-touring is all about: three days filled with good times, good friends and of course, the meanest Pro-Touring cars around. This event is the perfect opportunity to safely test your car's performance on the autocross track, dragstrip, Speedstop Challenge as well as means of putting faces to the names you've chatted with all year on the forum. We're all aware of the enormous amount of hard work and preparation that goes into building a well sorted g-machine: this is your chance to show off what your car can really do.

This event will sell out fast. If you think you might want to attend this very fun and popular event you better register now.

Registrations are reserved in the order payments are received. So, you are not in until your spot(s)

This years event will be 3 days of fun, sun and pro-touring.

The basic schedule

Friday Sept 23 option 1 - Autocross school followed by a BBQ dinner at Precision Hot Rods $45

Friday Sept 23 option 2 - Cruise the Tail of the Dragon then a BBQ dinner at Precision Hot Rods $18 per person

Saturday Sept 24 - Autocrossing at Smokies Stadium.
      Bill has managed to secure Smokies Stadium again as the location for the autocross event. The track layout will be fast and technical and is sure to be a crowd pleaser.

8am: Meet at Smokies Stadium for Autocross
      Drivers meeting time TBA soon (about 8am)
      Lunch details TBA soon
      3pm: Autocross ends

Sunday Sept 25 - Drag racing and Speedstop Challenge at 411 Dragway.
      Come on out and practice that '60 time in your g-Machine.

8am: Drag racing/Speedstop Challenge starts?
      2pm: End event

We expect to see an increased attendance again this year, so sign up soon. Space is limited. Cut off year wise for cars will be 1987. Those that have attended before with newer cars will be "grandfathered". Please check with Bill if you have a question concerning this new rule. RTTHs has gotten very popular, so to be sure we have enough space for true musclecars, we have to have a cut off now.

Take a look at the location of this year's autocross location: Smokies Baseball Stadium

And the best part? It's inexpensive.

Event T-shirts are $22 for Small-4XL

(Additional donations will be accepted)

We have moved the RTTH to the next weekend this year due to scheduling conflicts with other events. Unfortunately, the Main Stay already had a large group booked that week. So, we are moving to the Country Cascades that is still on the backroad. Remember, this is not a rod run weekend so the good news is rates are cheaper. The weekend dates for the 2011 event is Sept. 22-25 Thursday-$59 Friday and Saturday-$79 Sunday-$59 Be sure to cancel any reservations you have made at Main Stay, since the weekend is different anyway and call Country Cascades as soon as you can make your reservations. at 800-523-3919. When you call be sure and register under "PROTOUR" to get the correct rate. We signed the contract for 60 rooms so we should be covered and everyone will have a room that needs one. Sorry for the inconvenience but I think everyone will be happy here also.
      http://www.countrycascades.com/

PLEASE make your reservations as soon as possible. They will run out of rooms fast.

Vendor space at the autocross may be available this year. If you are or someone you know might be interested please contact Bill Howell.

NOTE: THIS EVENT HAS SOLD OUT!

Click the link below for more info and to register
      Link removed due to being completely sold out

Last edited by Larry Callahan; 07-18-2011 at 07:18 PM.
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

I got registered !!! Now I just want Sept to hurry and get here ..

Just signed up! Now I have to get busy on the Camaro!
      Michael Tucker
      Project "Trouble" 1969 Camaro DSE subframe, quadrilink, 13" wilwood brakes, Rated X Rushforths, LS2/T56
      1968 Camaro

Me too!
      Got registered and paid !!

Thanks Uncle Bill and Uncle Larry !!
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

I'm in. Have had hotel reservations at the new place for a couple months now!
      '66 GTO Vert Project "Red Ink", 462ci of stroked pontiac power, TKO600, SC&C Stg II+, Tubular lowers, Currectrac Rear suspension, Moser 12bolt w/Truetrack, Wilwood Master and discs all around, too much fun for words...

The LeadSSled land yacht is registered for another fun RTTH event!
      1996 Impala SS - not quite stock

Registered and paid! Thanks for granfathering in us guys with plastic cars!

2001 Camaro Z28
      www.fquick.com/01badz28

Quote Originally Posted by 01badz28 View Post
      Registered and paid! Thanks for granfathering in us guys with plastic cars!
      I agree, thank you all for letting the plastic cars play. I'll be there looking more "P-T'ing" this year!

Registered and Paid. Now Kathy and I can join in on the fun instead of just watching.

Thanks guys!!

Bill Haynie

1970 Nova 572/620 TKO600
      2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca

im registered and paid too.

now to find somewhere cheaper to stay..... (im using all my play money to come)
      Michael Crawford

1970 plymouth Duster back under construction:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...uring-makeover

1987 GMC S15 https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ct-drivabeater

Registered and paid. Now I just have to register Carol.
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Registered and paid!

I was just about to make plans to go when I read about the 1987 cut-off rule. When do you think that rule might get changed? We really want to attened.

Wow I can't wait!!!! I still don't have anything to run but I still enjoy coming to watch. Hopefully you can count on me to help with the Autocrossing on Fri and Sat. And most of all I can't wait to hang out and see everyone!!! See ya soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
      I was just about to make plans to go when I read about the 1987 cut-off rule. When do you think that rule might get changed? We really want to attened.
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but the year cut off is for the competition side of the event, any year car can be used for fun.
      Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

PHR CHP CHP youtube

Y'all have fun for me...don't think I'm going to make it this year. Had some buyer interest in the engine/trans in my 68 so I'm planning an LSx swap. It'll likely be in pieces the rest of the summer and all winter while I source parts.
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Registered and paid. I look forward to this all year long. It is the top of my list of car events each year.

Thanks Bill!!!

Terry

Guys, the Friday class/school is now full. For those that missed out this time, stay tuned there is another day of instruction coming soon.

Those that called me from Columbus yesterday, I got you guys covered, just note the school in your paypal comments.
      Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

Registered and paid !!! thanks Bill !! can not wait ! going to be a GREAT start for vaction/me hitting the big" 5.0 "this year !!! yep gona be half a 100 in august.
      Scott Smith

Bill i will have to update my car to a 2002 as i am ripping aprt my 71..thats ok right..if not i might be able to part together a older one..lol
      Darrin Stalnecker
      1969 Camaro Convert full pt pr
      2007 Corvette Supercharged
      1968 Camaro LS1 T56
      http://www.fquick.com/dropit69

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com