Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

2014 Truckin Throwdown

Here's some shots from the 2014 Throwdown. Had a great time.
      Attached Images Attached Images        

Truckin Throwdown 2014

The Truckin Throwdown consists of five events. Slalom, Speed-Stop, Drag Race, Auto-x, and Show Judging. Look for coverage in the future in Trucking Mag.

2014 Throwdown

There were 15 trucks competing this year. 11 were late models, and 4 'older' trucks. The four trucks were put into the "Outlaw" class, and thus were not in the competition for scoring. ??? I guess they are too much for the other trucks to handle. The four Outlaw trucks are all naturally aspirated, 200 TW tires, and all ran through the mufflers. Two have LQ-9 based 6.0 motors, and two are traditional small blocks. All four Outlaw trucks have No Limit suspension parts. The 11 late models had Turbos, Superchargers, chassis mods, sticky tires, and more. These four guys, by the numbers racked up almost all of the top spots for the day. The late models were strong on the Drag Strip, but the Outllaws finished, 3rd, 5th, 7th and 8th over all, with Marcel (gold/black C10) running the quickest 1/4 for the Outlaws. In the Slalom, Speed-Stop and Auto-x, the outlaw guys had it covered 1rst to 4th in each event. Wes (59 Apache) took the Slalom, and Bill (S-10) took the win in the Speed-Stop and Auto-x. Everyone agreed that Neil's GMC (blue) was the hands down show winner, with Marcel in a strong 2nd. Hats to these guys for showing everyone how well their trucks run and drive.

It sounds to me that because you actually engineered and built your own trucks instead of bolting on oarts from their sponsors they basically said you could play but not compete?

Awesome shots! What size tire is Neil running in the back?

Quote Originally Posted by RMerritts View Post
      It sounds to me that because you actually engineered and built your own trucks instead of bolting on oarts from their sponsors they basically said you could play but not compete?
      they were all glad to be invited, just not sure why they were "outlawed". We loved it. I guess if you run No Limit suspension with ridetech shocks, you're now an Outlaw!

Quote Originally Posted by RodZZilla View Post
      Awesome shots! What size tire is Neil running in the back?
      I think they're 20 x 11, I'll check

Love the blue GMC... what wheels is he running. And are they 5x5 or 5x4.75
      Thanks

Congratulations on a great showing...

Country Flag: Canada
      I'm running Intro "Prestine" wheels. Rears are 19x12 and the fronts are 19x10. Wheels are 5x5. Tire sizes are 345/30/19 and 285/30/19

Quote Originally Posted by Lolyin58 View Post
      I'm running Intro "Prestine" wheels. Rears are 19x12 and the fronts are 19x10. Wheels are 5x5. Tire sizes are 345/30/19 and 285/30/19
      Thanks Neil, congrats on the Photo shoot

Sweet truck. What suspension are you running?

69 Firebird, Caged, Minitubbed Ls3, TKO 600 Morrison Subframe- G-Bar Blah Blah

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilvr View Post
      Sweet truck. What suspension are you running?
      If I'm not mistaken. ....in earlier post it said "No Limit" which is Rob's suspension

Thanks Neil. .....a beautiful truck you have!

Quote Originally Posted by protouring70 View Post
      If I'm not mistaken. ....in earlier post it said "No Limit" which is Rob's suspension
      Yeah, I saw that. I was under the impression that No Limit had many suspension packages.
      69 Firebird, Caged, Minitubbed Ls3, TKO 600 Morrison Subframe- G-Bar Blah Blah

Neil's truck is just plain badass.....and well Foxy Cleopatra isn't too bad either. Rob had this event completely monopolized, LOL. It was good to hang out and play hookie from actual work with everyone for a little while. Hopefully we'll be out there playing with our C10 next year.

www.totalcostinvolved.com
      "Quality doesn't cost, it pays"

Hey Neil do you have a build thread on your truck or is there a build thread on the gold truck?
      Thanks

Neil's GMC is running our Wide-Ride bolt-in IFS for C10's. This is avail in Coil-over, shockwave, or Bag/shock. Neil is running a Bag/shock set up. He has upgraded to a double adjustable shock. The larger Brake is also an upgrade. We make the billit hub in 5 x 5" if you want to keep the OE pattern. The rear is still factory trailing arms on air bags. After riding in Marcel's Foxy C10, he is planning to add a raised rear rail kit and a FatBar 4-bar this winter.
      Macrel's C10 has a full No Limit package. The front is a Wide-Ride IFS with coil-overs, out back, the long bed chassis was shortened with our raised rear rail kit, and a FatBar 4-bar with coil-overs was installed. This truck is a perfect example of a well planned bolt together chassis build.
      Wes's 59 is also running a No Limit Wide-Ride IFS with coil-overs and No Limit/Brakeman brakes, which was only installed about 4 weeks ago. After some first hand experience with our IFS' performance, Wes tore his truck down and removed the previous IFS kit to put ours in. This truck may be the test bed for a new tapered three link we are working on.
      Bill's S10 is the total underdog. Backyard to the bone. This was built as a promo vehicle for Black Widow Mufflers. It's all old school dirt track tricks. Stock S10 chassis with modified lower arms,and Impala spindles w/12 cop car brakes. Chrysler style rear leafs on bearings and sliders, for expo 8.8 rear axle with welded spiders. - no ****. Pure FUN!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com