Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Any opinions or thoughts on bc forged wheels?

I think that I have come to a decision on wheels, but before I drop a few grand, I wanted to see if anyone here has had any experience with bc forged wheels. Good or bad, let me know please. I don't want to spend the money only to find out they break easy or have any other defects, or have six year manufacturing lead times or something.

Thank you
      Confucius says, "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life"

My build Beast

I don't have first hand experience with them but I see those wheels from time to time. I saw a Viper with a killer wheel fitment and they were BC Forged. Go for it.
      Justin Snow

There's nothing special about the wheel designs that this manufacturer has, but it has a good review when it comes to the quality of the wheel. Their products are expensive compared to their competitor.

Country Flag: Canada
      Quote Originally Posted by Jaden Young View Post
      There's nothing special about the wheel designs that this manufacturer has, but it has a good review when it comes to the quality of the wheel. Their products are expensive compared to their competitor.
      I disagree with this statement. They are cheaper than any comparative wheel on the market.

I have BC forged wheels. The order process was simple and thorough(brake clearance checks), dish style depths, etc.

Shipping was insanely fast. Im in Canada so shipping can be a pain in the ass. When they say theres no hidden fees, theres infact no hidden fees(brokerage, etc).

The packaging was unreal, quality, fit and finish was perfect. Bolted in valve stems color matched, etc.

I would definitely order from them again.Name:  bcforged.jpg
Views: 3632
Size:  498.2 KB
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square
      Instagram: Cst_koon

Quote Originally Posted by protour_chevelle View Post
      I disagree with this statement. They are cheaper than any comparative wheel on the market.

I have BC forged wheels. The order process was simple and thorough(brake clearance checks), dish style depths, etc.

Shipping was insanely fast. Im in Canada so shipping can be a pain in the ass. When they say theres no hidden fees, theres infact no hidden fees(brokerage, etc).

The packaging was unreal, quality, fit and finish was perfect. Bolted in valve stems color matched, etc.
      I was about to say the same about price and style, but I had to double check to make sure there wasn't a dramatic price drop in the other manufacturers. 800-950 a wheel for two piece forged wheels seems like a deal in this market! Glad to hear someone else out there has some and loves them!
      Confucius says, "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life"

My build Beast

The price is lower because they are made in Taiwan afaik.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      The price is lower because they are made in Taiwan afaik.

Don
      They are machined in Taiwan and ship direct from there. They do not keep inventory. Every wheel is built to order. Absolutely nothing wrong with Taiwan.
      Matt
      72 Chevelle 370ci, 76mm single turbo, TKX, Speedtech Track Time, Millerbuilt Strange full floater 9", Brembo brakes, BC Forged 18x11s with 315s square

Quote Originally Posted by absintheisfun View Post
      I was about to say the same about price and style, but I had to double check to make sure there wasn't a dramatic price drop in the other manufacturers. 800-950 a wheel for two piece forged wheels seems like a deal in this market! Glad to hear someone else out there has some and loves them!
      Forgeline was another 1000 for the wheels with another 500 in shipping to Canada, plus duty/brokerage fees. Any other forged wheel, boze for example, I was quoted within hundreds of Forgeline prices with unrealistic delivery dates. By the time BC Forged said my wheels were shipping, I got them in 3 days, crazy in Corona times!
      Matt

Basically 90% of the people on this forum will demand you get Forgeline. The other 10% of us say go ahead and switch it up.
      Justin Snow

While forgelines are stunning, and have an untarnished reputation of quality, spending 5,000 + on 4 wheels seems a bit crazy to me. That's more than I spent getting my engine and trans. Bc forged are beautiful, affordable, and as long as they are strong, I'll be beyond satisfied.

My build Beast

Quote Originally Posted by absintheisfun View Post
      While forgelines are stunning, and have an untarnished reputation of quality, spending 5,000 + on 4 wheels seems a bit crazy to me. That's more than I spent getting my engine and trans. Bc forged are beautiful, affordable, and as long as they are strong, I'll be beyond satisfied.
      Definitely no disputing Forgelines quality and reputation, I just struggle to always go for the most expensive because expensive means the best right? Ive proven this along my life that price can mean quality but it can also mean simply its over priced for the same quality elsewhere.

One comment Id like to mention, Not directed at anyone.... A lot of us think we are hardcore with our builds but in reality we are pathetic when comparing to guys that race and beat the heck out of their cars literally every weekend. Lots of these guys are running cheap cast wheels that are $250/wheel and have never had a wheel failure. Im a mixed bag, I have nice and expensive wheels and I have cheaper wheels. Ive seen oem wheels fail when they never should have.
      Hell guys will put expensive wheels on and run parts store ball joints that they over torque lol.

-Matthew
      Matt

Never heard of BC wheels. Is there a link to them somewhere. I'm looking for a set of track wheels but they need to be custom sized.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

BC makes incredible wheels, they have been around in the import game for a long time. What wheel specs are you looking for? I might know of some other good options for forged or flow formed wheels to save cost and be the same weight if not lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      Never heard of BC wheels. Is there a link to them somewhere. I'm looking for a set of track wheels and they need to be custom sized.
      https://www.bcforged-na.com/

They are not new in the game. They are well established.

I'll tell you now, I searched around and it was cheaper buying direct.

My contact there is dan@bcforged-na.com . Let him know Matthew Kuehn sent you. He was amazing to deal with.

They send a photo of your wheels when they are ready to be packaged up and shipped out. Here are mine.

Name:  thumbnail_BCF-113020-2.jpg
Views: 3311
Size:  424.5 KB
      Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn0331 View Post
      BC makes incredible wheels, they have been around in the import game for a long time. What wheel specs are you looking for? I might know of some other good options for forged or flow formed wheels to save cost and be the same weight if not lighter.
      I'm looking for something with 5 points. I really like this wheel. I haven't measured for backspacing yet, but immguessing the order will be placed within the next few weeks.
      18x11 or 18x11.5 rear 18x10 front.

https://www.bcforged-na.com/modular/hca161/

My build Beast

i actually considered BC Forged before I purchased my Forgeline's. I did like that they had multiple concavity profiles and more colors than Forgeline. The price I got for my Forgeline's and the fact that they are only 3hrs away from me sealed the deal.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

I would definitely order from them again.Name:  bcforged.jpg
Views: 3632
Size:  498.2 KB
      Pics of the full car with these on?

Quote Originally Posted by FORDvsCHEVY View Post
      Pics of the full car with these on?
      Still buttoning up some items underneath so I havent put it on the ground yet in its current form.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Matt

Still buttoning up some items underneath so I havent put it on the ground yet in its current form.

Looks really good. What widths did you go with?
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Yeah if you don’t mind a couple questions:

Stock wheel wells or tubbed?

Diameter, width and back space?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com