Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Holley EFI tuning and wiring

Hello Everyone,

I think all of you know me by now as I have been a part of this great community since the early days.

Recently I have begun offering remote Holley EFI tuning services. This is something that I have been doing on the side, but am now expanding into a full-time operation. Unlike most tuner that focus on making a hero number on the dyno, my tuning focuses on enhanced drivability. This is something that a lot of tuners don't take the time to do, because it can be tedious and time consuming. However, there is nothing more important in a tune than having a solid idle and good driving manners.

I have been playing with various EFI systems since the early 1990s, when I installed an analog Holley EFI system on my GTO around 1991. I have attended all three tiers of the Holley EFI training and am well versed in all Holley systems. I have tuned Sniper, Terminator, Terminator X, HP and Dominators.

If you are considering converting any carbureted engines to EFI, or considering a Holley system for your LS, you can enlist my services before making the purchase decision. I can make recommendations and also offer wiring suggestions, which will make your installation reliable and smooth.

I am also moving to the Kansas City area in about a week and will be offering full car and EFI wiring services. This will be done as a mobile service, with me coming to you.

If you have any questions, please post them here, or send me a PM.

Andrew
      Last edited by andrewb70; 05-11-2020 at 12:26 PM.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I've used not only Andrew's expert wiring advice during my Holley Terminator install but also his tuning service to get it dialed in perfectly. To be honest, it ran pretty good after the initial wizard setup but once Andrew and I worked through the details of the tune, it is flawless now. Andrew is very capable at reading data, listening to user input and using the info to dial in the tune.

I wish him luck with his impending move and the ramping up of his services.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

I gotta give a shout to Andrew's prowess as a tuner and being a knowledgeable resource for Holley EFI. I have a Dominator in my built SBF and it has been running amazing with his help. I live in AZ so this has all been 100% remote. I was nervous about paying someone across the country to tune my expensive engine, but he has made great suggestions throughout the process and been very respectful of my time and comfort level. If you follow his instructions you will be rewarded with a safe, but happy running engine. And his instructions all concern driving so it's kinda hard to hate that.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Well I'm currently running an MSD Atomic EFI so I guess you can't help me much with that, but if I run across a NASCAR surplus Holley EFI I will be in touch guaranteed. Best of Luck with the tuning business! Too bad Lance moved from KC to AZ. I have to drive through KC every time we go home to visit family in KS and my brother currently lives in Lawrence so we are in the KC area pretty frequently. Al least with the Kansas Speedway there on I70 and SCCA based in Topeka at Heartland Raceway, you should have all sorts of autoX and track day events in easy driving distance.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Andrew has successfully tuned the Sniper on my Cougar. I won't have any issues calling on him again.
      Tracey

Andrew has been a huge help in getting my Terminator TBI/Hyperspark install running great. He's helped troubleshoot and get the tune dialed in. Well worth the price for sure. Once I get back on track, he'll be helping me live tune my idle.

Andrew, I hope the move is smooth and everything you're looking for. If you ever find yourself out my way the first one is on me!
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

Congrats on the new adventure(s)!
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Thanks Carl!

And thank you for the amazing testimonials!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Hi Andrew
      So what’s your take on running a new never run terminator on a fresh engine build?

Hydro roller cam

Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      Hi Andrew
      So what’s your take on running a new never run terminator on a fresh engine build?

Hydro roller cam
      It depends on ones level of confidence in their wiring and making an initial tune. There is also nothing wrong with stabbing a trusty HEI distributor and a known good carburetor, and using that for initial break in.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      Hi Andrew

Hydro roller cam
      I did exactly this with a Dominator just before I started working with Andrew. Everything went fine, but I wish I had already been working with him because he would have helped me catch some things in the base map that would have made the first start even smoother. If you lack any confidence at all in your wiring or initial programming then you definitely want him hired before the first start.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

I can't say enough about Andrew's tuning and advice in general! I went from a barely driveable tricked out 950HP to a Holley Terminator TBI and Andrew helped every step of the way!

From his advice on designing the fuel system to putting me in touch with Carl at vaporworx, his advice and tuning has truly been invaluable!

I put off going to EFI because I "knew" carbs and how to adjust timing etc, but I'm here to say I should have made the switch 10 years ago!

Andrew has truly transformed the car from a tempermental rowdy (fuel bowling) monster to a driveable, enjoyable car with predictable manners that still rips to redline and starts reliably (hot or cold) without issue!

Enlisting his services with your tuning or wiring needs will be the best investment you've ever made in your car!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Congrats Andrew and best of luck to you!!

Quote Originally Posted by OLDFLM View Post
      I can't say enough about Andrew's tuning and advice in general! I went from a barely driveable tricked out 950HP to a Holley Terminator TBI and Andrew helped every step of the way!

From his advice on designing the fuel system to putting me in touch with Carl at vaporworx, his advice and tuning has truly been invaluable!

I put off going to EFI because I "knew" carbs and how to adjust timing etc, but I'm here to say I should have made the switch 10 years ago!

Andrew has truly transformed the car from a tempermental rowdy (fuel bowling) monster to a driveable, enjoyable car with predictable manners that still rips to redline and starts reliably (hot or cold) without issue!

Enlisting his services with your tuning or wiring needs will be the best investment you've ever made in your car!
      A big part of the success here was Carl from VaporWorx and also John Parsons. John did the heavy lifting with installing the new fuel system and installing and wiring the Holley Terminator EFI.

Ty's engine doesn't make a lot of vacuum when idling, so it was a bit of extra work to rescale the load and RPM axes to get more resolution in the areas of the fuel and timing maps where this engine actually runs. I think Ty has more miles on this car since the recent round of upgrades and the tune than he had in the past 10 years since the car has been "professionally built."

Quote Originally Posted by joeko23 View Post
      Congrats Andrew and best of luck to you!!
      Thank you Sir!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
      I think Ty has more miles on this car since the recent round of upgrades and the tune than he had in the past 10 years since the car has been "professionally built."
      Ty's car was quite the mess when I first started working on it last summer. Wiring, plumbing, AC, etc. Lots of incomplete and incompetent work. It's vastly improved now with a custom 2.5" SS exhaust and X-pipe, working AC, power steering, working gauges, fans, torque converter, vaporworx fuel delivery, and now the Holley EFI. The car fired up on the first try after the installation, and after we figured out the secondaries were cracked at idle, and that we had a bad fuel pump relay, I handed the tune over to Andrew. The car always had good "bones", and now it's got some muscle to go with them.

Andrew has improved the fuel economy from 6.5 mpg to nearly 10 over the past few weeks. The car just begs to be driven now, and Ty is obliging it!
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Andrew has been tuning my LSA setup in my 69. Its driveability is phenomenal and its running great. I would highly recommend him.

Andrew tuned the Terminator X Max system on my 70 GTO to perfection, I have been fortunate enough to live close to him so he actually came to my house for the initial tune as well as recently doing some online "team viewer" tuning to fix an idle issue I had. I would never have imagined that my 500+rwhp hot rod would run and drive so nice and civil. Andrew has also tuned some of my friends cars here in Birmingham with the same satisfying results. I HIGHLY recommend his tuning services, he is not only extremely skilled but an awesome person to know and hang out with (did I mention he likes to eat some good food as well). See you at LS Fest Andrew and all the best to you and Karen on the move to Kansas.

Hi Andrew, I will be calling you hopefully soon as I have the new Holley Terminator X going in the 70 Camaro.
      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      Hi Andrew, I will be calling you hopefully soon as I have the new Holley Terminator X going in the 70 Camaro.
      Shoot me a PM when you're ready and I'll send my number. Looking forward to working with you.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Good luck on your move and the new adventure Andrew.

Tu Ho
      Firebird V2-LS swap

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com