Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Rear axle brake hose. Braided stainless 69 Camaro w/Ford 9"

Hey guys,

I am plumbing the rear disc brakes for a Ford 9"
      Where can I purchase a stainless rear brake hose for my 69 Camaro?

Kinda like this type, but in braided stainless, made for disc brakes though.

https://www.carid.com/dorman/rear-ce...RoCyzIQAvD_BwE

I'm going to use a hydra boost set-up, so pressure will be a bit higher than stock.

Thank you

This braided stainless hose kit I got from Quick Performance for my new Ford 9" last week for my 69 Firebird is awesome. Totally replaces all of the components. Just call them and order their kit, comes with all 3 lines and fittings. I'm also going hydra-boost.
      http://www.TheFOAT.com/92GTA
      1969 Pontiac Firebird
      w/535ci IAII aluminum block, Dailey dry sump, Holley EFI (full road race build). Primer black w/black interior.
      1992 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/SLP Performance Package. Dark Jade Grey Metallic, grey leather, T-Tops.

Thank you

Why does pressure go up with a hydro boost? Doesn’t it still use a conventional master cylinder ? That would control the pressure in the lines regardless what boost level on the pedal is.
      1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2016 Camaro SS convertible
      2018 Colorado 4x4

Yes it uses a same type of mater cylinder, but depending on your power steering/hyd pump, output pressure can vary?

Quote Originally Posted by mean buzzen half dozen View Post
      Yes it uses a same type of mater cylinder, but depending on your power steering/hyd pump, output pressure can vary?
      I don’t see how. The Brake fluid is only pushed by the master cylinder - the boost be it from PS fluid and a pump or a vacuum source or electric source has nothing to do with that.
      1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2018 Colorado 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by c4racer2 View Post
      I don’t see how. The Brake fluid is only pushed by the master cylinder - the boost be it from PS fluid and a pump or a vacuum source or electric source has nothing to do with that.
      The hydroboost is capable of making more assist pressure than a vacuum booster, therefore more pressure in the brake system if you mash the pedal. If you run a hydroboost on a master cylinder that is too small you will find that the brakes are overpowered due to the extra assist available from the HB.

If the assist device can make more pressure, the brake system can make more pressure regardless of the MC.
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

Brake like pressure is related to pedal ratio and MC bore size only.

True if you cannot get adequate pedal travel with one setup to fully compress the MC it won’t generate as much line pressure.
      But you can never generate more line pressure than the MC and pedal ratio are capable of regardless of boost. That’s what I was saying.
      1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2018 Colorado 4x4

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com