Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Georgia Monthly Meet & Greet (Oct 15, 8am)

A few of us had been talking about creating a monthly gathering where new & old members could get together to meet, talk about cars, and just hang out. I think there are more than enough of us to set it up and have decent attendance.

I have been talking with Joe at Bulldawg Musclecars about possibly having it at his shop as it's near the highway, easy to find and there are several food joints nearby (including a new BBQ place with an outdoor deck).

Would anyone else be interested in getting together for a monthly S.E.P.T. (South East Pro Touring) meeting?

EDIT:
      Ok, a date has been set. Saturday October 15th, 8am will be the first S.E.P.T. Bulldawg Musclecars Meet & Greet. Bring a fold-out chair if you want, and come hang out! We should have some donuts and some drinks. I'll see if we can get some coffee as well. Everyone is welcome to come, and it will be very informal. Just car people hanging out for an hour or two.

Directions:
      From I-75, take exit 277 for GA-92 toward Acworth (if coming up 75N, turn left; if coming down 75S, turn right).
      Hwy 92 turns into Cowan Rd. From the exit, you will go about 1.5 miles and dead end into Main Street at the Old Day's Chevrolet site. Turn right, and Bulldawg Musclecars will be up about 1/8mi on the right in an old brick building that is painted blue.

Their address is 4666 S Main St, Acworth, GA 30101. Their shop number is (770) 975-8980, or you can call me at (404) 954-1662. There is parking all along the front of the building, across the street, and across the side street.

Last edited by SparkyRnD; 10-04-2011 at 05:12 AM.

thats a good idea!

where is BDs shop at?

Downtown Acworth:

Bulldawg Musclecars
      4666 South Main Street
      Acworth, GA 30101
      (770) 633-2195

Joe says he's cool with it being at his place. There is also a little diner down the street if people want breakfast. We can make it either a BYOB (breakfast), we can meet somewhere afterwards, or we can take turns bringing donuts or something

I'd be in for that as long as it's not next week.

We will set them up for once a month, so there will be more for those that are not able to make it. I will speak with Joe and see if he is available for one week from Saturday.

Ok, a date has been set. Saturday October 15th, 8am will be the first S.E.P.T. Bulldawg Musclecars Meet & Greet. Bring a fold-out chair if you want, and come hang out! We should have some donuts and some drinks. I'll see if we can get some coffee as well. Everyone is welcome to come, and it will be very informal. Just car people hanging out for an hour or two.

Directions:
      From I-75, take exit 277 for GA-92 toward Acworth (if coming up 75N, turn left; if coming down 75S, turn right).
      Hwy 92 turns into Cowan Rd. From the exit, you will go about 1.5 miles and dead end into Main Street at the Old Day's Chevrolet site. Turn right, and Bulldawg Musclecars will be up about 1/8mi on the right in an old brick building that is painted blue.

Their address is 4666 S Main St, Acworth, GA 30101. Their shop number is (770) 975-8980, or you can call me at (404) 954-1662. There is parking all along the front of the building, across the street, and across the side street.

There are several of us headed to this event that day. Not sure if you wanted to pick another day or not.

Robert

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...is-interested.

Saw that, but we're tied up the other weekends this month, and that is the only open one. We'll keep it knowing that a bunch will be at the autox, but should still be fun even if only a handful are able to make the first one.

I'll be there , Camaro will be disassembled , so no autocross for me . I'll bring the vette over and hang out a while at Bulldawg .
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Sounds good Jeff, it will be good to see you again!
      Joe Hinds

I've been telling everyone I know about it, including a bunch of non-PT guys that want to come and hang out. Granted not everyone will be there at 8, but should be a steady stream of people coming by and hanging out.

Bringing this back up as it is this coming Saturday morning. Also turns out that the Taste of Acworth will be that same day, so there will be a lot of food vendors setting up just a block or two down the road.

I plan on coming, looking forward to meeting you guys.

Well , I called into work , but I'll be over after 4pm.
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

it wasn't a large gathering, but for the first one it wasn't bad. Had some great conversation and was nice to meet those of you I hadn't met before. I look forward to the next one, which will be on the second saturday of every month. Talk about a great way to spend a saturday morning, hanging out at a muscle car shop and talking cars with buddies.

Thanks again to Sparky and Joe for putting this together, it was a good time. And thanks to the nearby event, lots of nice eye candy too.

I tried to come over after work , but the City of Acworth had the streets closed for the Taste of Acworth festival . I couldn't get near Joe's Shop . It was about 4:30 anyway . I figured you guys had moved on by then .
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.

yep, we had left by 2.30 or so. You had to follow the detour around the back of the downtown buildings and it put you back on main street near the caboose. Next one will be November 12th at 8am.

Let me know when the next one is!
      There are 2 factors in Autocross, Tires and the loose nut behind the wheel.

Paul Grala
      69 Mach 1 project (For Sale)
      78 Cobra
      87 GT
      98 Expedition

it will be Saturday, November 12

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com