Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Vocational school restoration

I am a vocational school teacher.My students have talked me into restoring my 1969 camaro as a school project.Keep watch for pics we will be starting on monday

Attached Images Attached Images  

Sounds like a blast man, Hope it works out well and keep us posted!
      Kevin

Sounds like something that the kids will probably be all over. Keep us updated!
      Mark
      |||||||
      1967 Pontiac Firebird
      The "Dirty Bird" build thread

Country Flag: Iceland

You have some lucky students!
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

It dont take kids long to take things apart

We are off to a good start

wheres my picture mr. tillman?

Quote Originally Posted by TJTHOMPSON54 View Post
      wheres my picture mr. tillman?
      Good way to get students involved. What all is in store for the car and the students.
      LaMont Mulligan aka munster, leroy, mull, just don't call me late for dinner..

My car is Therapy. 69 - Firebird into Camaro wana be. Sheep in Wolves Clothing. DSE tubs, Air Rides Airbar Rear susp., CPP Tubular CA's w/Shockwaves, Unisteer Rack&Pinion, RS Hideaways, Polished calipers, drop spindles, 4wheel disc, Be Cool rad, 18" Coddingtons Junkyard Dogs w/12"wide mod on rears, BFG KDW's 335/30/18 & 245/40/18 fronts. 383 Stroker, Edelbrock Vic Jr Heads and Manifold, lunati cam solid Roller, Pro-Magnum Roller Rockers, Demon, MSD Dist, 6AL, Thorely Tri Y ceramic coated headers. Converted to 68 dash. Moser narrowed 12 bolt and fitted for Airbar.

Thanks for keeping it family friendly

I just wanted to say in advance Thanks for keeping all your post and future post family friendly.I have high school students and parents and my principal,watching the updates.
      Its amazing once we started on the camaro I have had no discipline problems and attendance is up.

i wish my teacher had a cool project for us. but he did let me work on my camaro. have fun..
      Brandon Slater

1979 Z28
      1972 Nova
      2015 2500 silverado crew cab duramax

Really cool. I'm student at a local community college doing my own restoration and taking classes. Great way to learn!

Definitely take a lot of pics, I bet you could get some car mags interested. *Hint* *Hint* Steve Rupp.

Cool! Drag Race High - cyber style!
      Now we just need to find another competing school.

The real question is, are you gonna let all of them drive it at least once upon completion?
      Life is Better Spent in the Garage
      Laine O

72 Camaro, 468, TH400, 3:42 = FUN!
      92 Camaro RS, Restored Autocross wannabe

LIVE LOVE DRIVE!

what state has a cool class like this? My high school only had woodshop and metal shop!

I went to Charles Allen Prosser VocationL SchooL in New Albany, IN. I think there was one in Louisville,KY. I would say every student, in the US, should have a Vocational School nearby? I learned a lot, had a ton of fun, now it is my career, and has been for 20 years. The young people working, on this CamarO, will never forget this BuilD.

ToO CooL!
      Kevin

In a lot of pieces

Just a little about my program.We are locted in south Alabama(Mobile) most of my students are 15 to 18 years old and in the 9th to 12th grade.We built the engine two years ago.It runs 6.80 in the 8th and 6.18 on spray.and I drive it to the track 30 miles away.We only intended to fix the rust on the car,but one thing led to another.We are planing to put 29x12.5s or 29x18.5s on the rear.we will move the frame rails in and have not decided if we are going with coil overs or leaf springs and cal trax bars.the boy you see weld is only 15 years old and is really talented.I am lucky to have good students in my class.They really are good kidsand enjoy learning.
      My pocket book is going to limit things we do to the car but I still think it will be cool when they get finished.
      Laine o They ask me every day will I let them drive it when its finished and all I am promising is a ride.

i admire you tillman. those kids will never forget your course. wish my high school had something like this long ago. looking forward to updates!

Great idea - and an excellent way to teach!

I remember I bought my '69 back in Grade 11 so I would have something to work on in automotive shop class. The knowledge I learned in that class you can't put a price on. The earlier you learn the things - the better.
      Craig
      1968 Torino GT 4.6L S/C T56 IRS x2
      www.twintorino.com

Awesome Project Mr Tillman. I had a couple shop teachers just like you when I was in High School back in 1985.

PM me your schools address and I will send you a Billet Set of hood pins for the car.

Also, can i suggest that you put some Wood blocks under the car just in case it get's bumped off the jack stands. Seems to be a good group of kids working on the car and it's always good to have extra saftey measures in place.

something similar to these 2 x 4 stands in 4 spots under the car

marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Safety First

Syborg tt
      I sent you the address to the school.Thanks for the pins .They will be a great addition.
      Good idea on the block.these kids are crawling all under the car and we cant be to safe.

Really cool what you are doing with those kids. They are lucky to have someone like you to teach them about this stuff.

And I hate to Hijack...but I would love to see more on that orange camaro syborg. That thing is beautiful.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com