PDA

View Full Version : Workout routines....any tips

bs46488
06-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Anybody got any killer workout routines they want to share?

I have a well stocked garage gym at home. I don't really work out for any purpose, just to stay in shape. On occasion I'll do the Crossfit WOD or maybe steal some moves from P90x or Insanity. Generally speaking, I get bored of just plan old free weights with 3 x 8 reps or running, etc. So just looking for some cool ways to mix up the workouts.

go-fish
06-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Try Cowles Mountain with a weight vest. Just put an extra 25 pounds on you and it smokes you pretty good. Where in SD are you located?

69*Goat
06-20-2013, 03:33 PM
You want body weight stuff?, Hero Wods?, Outlaw CF?

pitts64
06-20-2013, 07:08 PM
First I pray, then start with 150 crunches and always end with 100 push ups. I like to use push up handles, first set with them touching, second set 10" apart, then last set 3' apart...

I perfer cals to weights, with a brisk speed bag then body bag work out..... I never got into boxing though, I don't have the heart to hurt people for no reason..

My old gym had a greeting sign at the door that read, "congratulations, you just finished the hardest part of the workout, now come in and have some fun". You see the mind is the real workout lol...

rustomatic
06-20-2013, 08:58 PM
My tools in no particular order:

1. Fixed gear road bike with no brakes--do 30 miles, and do not touch the ground.

2. Single-speed mountain bike--see above. Add bleeding.

3. Aforementioned freeweights--I'm not buff, but they do something for me psychologically.

4. Greenland kayak--you can't bend your knees in the boat, and it's really easy to tip over. Paddle for two hours in your choice of water--hope you're flexible.

5. 100-pound punching bag in the garage--don't kick the Falcon, but do work to remain able to kick at face-level.

I get bored easily, and apparently like making things difficult for no reason...

shizzy
06-21-2013, 03:57 AM
I also use bikes as my wild card. Single track riding on a mountain bike will put a whoopin on you in a few short miles.

AmKenpo1
06-21-2013, 07:10 AM
My work out breaks down like this.

Morning run ( not really concerned with how far just warming up) 100 Push ups, 100 Squats and 20 minutes of Martial arts practice.
Evenings 2hrs. of Martial Arts training. Started doing Martial Arts at 40 and have loved it ever since.
Weekends, 2hrs of core work and endurance training, medicine ball 6 and 10 Lbs, kettle bell 15lbs and drills of all kinds.
Find what you like and make it work for you. Good Luck.

cornfedbill
06-21-2013, 10:56 AM
I am a big Dorian Yates fan. I follow his Blood and Guts routine

Start with 15 hard warm-up on a stationary bike.

- Monday Shoulders and Triceps
- Tuesday Back and rear deltoids
- Wednesday off
- Thursday chest and biceps
- Friday legs

Warm up and then one big heavy set with each exercise. Each day is about 45 minutes of lifting.

It's not a cardio workout, but it's great for mass and strength.

bs46488
06-21-2013, 01:55 PM
Thanks all.

Go-Fish - we are in Lakeside. Our place has a nice 3 car garage and 5+ car driveway. I converted 1 bay into a gym, the other two I work on my Nova project. With the large driveway i can drag out all my stuff and set up a bunch of stations for some circuit type training.

Taylor1969
06-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Squat
Deadlift
Bench
Bent over rows
Overhead press