PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Ontario, Canada

RaggedGlory
06-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Hey everyone, I'm a new guy from Ontario, Canada. My first name is Kevin, but some people call me Tex.

Been into cars for a long time. I have had a number of kinda cool cars over the years that I wish I never let go of. But haven't we all?
In my past I had a '70 Duster 340 (original FC7 Plum Crazy / In Violet), a '70 Charger 383 and a '70 Fargo (Canada only Dodge truck, sold by Plymouth dealers) D200 383. As you can see I'm a Mopar guy at heart. I was into racing Metric stock cars for a while, and then I completely lost my mind and got into first gen Dodge Neons :)
Recently a friend has talked me into buying a Chevy.
So now I'm working on a '59 Chevrolet Apache 3200 (longbox) Fleetside. It's a farm truck from Manitoba and it's been knocked around but it's fairly solid which is what us northerners look for.
I've got the suspension coming from a C4 Corvette ('88 Z51, Dana 44) that a guy is parting out. I'm planning on using the Flat Out Engineering kit to install the suspension. I'd like to polish all the forged aluminium.
I am planning on doing a C6 Z06 brake conversion.
For now, I'm hoping to use the LS3 376/480 crate with a T56. I'll probably get her mocked up and running with a 5.3 (maybe an L33) first. The guy I'm getting the suspension from tells me the Dana 44 was swapped to a 3.42.
Right now I'm just waiting for the truck to arrive from Manitoba.

Anyways I'm looking forward to some creative discussion and tips and to see all of your projects progress into your individual vision.