PDA

View Full Version : SoCalChallenge in July issue of Super Chevy

PRO-66
06-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Small tech article with photo on page 104, March 2013 event at Adams, check it out.

Mark

Sales-TCI-Eng
06-11-2013, 01:38 PM
I'll get on my soapbox now.......

Mark,

I think what sent my brain misfiring down a dark road was at the beginning of the article it says "Support your local tracks"........ How about support the shops that make these events possible?

We tried to get Super Chevy to cover this event and they had other conflicting events so you can imagine my surprise/happiness when I saw that the event got some coverage. While we are glad that you wrote the article and that Super Chevy published it because at the end of the day it helps grow the sport. However, imagine my disappointment when No Limit, TCI, Ridetech, CFR performance, Drive Magazine, Black Ink Media, Street Trucks Magazine, or any other supporting entities weren't mentioned. It was compounded when the two companies that were mentioned in the article had no vested interest in it. I am not trying to point fingers at you directly just trying to point out what I saw when I read the article. Anyone reading the story will think those two companies were very well represented yet there were none in attendance that I am aware of. There were only 21 cars there that day so it's doubtful I missed one. I looked through my roughly 400 pics from that day just to make sure and I didn't miss anything and I don't see one sticker representing either one of them. It just makes me wonder why they were even mentioned at all if there was not one car with their sticker or any banners, posters etc. Maybe I am just reading too much into it or taking it too personally. Then again it is my job to get us involved with these events and get maximum exposure from them. Looking through my pics I see a bunch of Ridetech, Hotchkis, No Limit, CFR Performance and of course TCI stickers but none of the other two. There would have had to have been a sticker on a car somewhere for this to even be a thought that made it to print. Unless it is your car that has their products on it.

There's really nothing either one of us can do about it now but maybe future articles could have a little more care taken to support those who support the event.

*gets down from soapbox

-Jason

PRO-66
06-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Hi Jason,

Although our first names are the same, I am not the Mark that wrote the article in Super Chevy. I just happened to see a photo of my car in the magazine from the March SoCal Challenge event and I was excited to share that with everyone.

Mark G.

soloracerSD
06-11-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm the guilty one .I text Mark G that I saw a pic of his car in the mag when I was at Barnes and Noble.I was looking through muscle car mags curious to see if there was any.Pro-touring type autocrosses.And wow I saw Mark's Chevelle, our local guy that gets some track time at our SDR SCCA events.I was planning on being at the last So Cal Challenge myself.Just to check it out..The events are getting exposure. I've mentioned it to many at our San Diego events.You can never have to much autocross ,unless the wifes says no...:)