PDA

View Full Version : Course layouts for RTMC II

Finch
06-10-2013, 11:24 AM
I walked the track today and came up with what I feel will be an exciting layout for a short course. This will be just under 1 mile but has some cool features you will not find on your normal road course, with the primary one being 18 degree high banked turns. It looks tight on the picture but is much wider than it looks so will be plenty of room to hang it out.

As we mentioned in the past this will be the first event of this kind in which we will be able to run under the lights Saturday evening so dont miss out on this.

The Autocross will be held in the back lot just off the main track and accessible through a tunnel so participants can go between the road course and auto-x without stopping any action. This is just a basic layout and will not be the actual course but gives you an idea on how it will be ran. The lot is quite large so should be a 50 second + course and allow for multiple cars for maximum runs.

For the Speed Stop we will have brand new challenge which I am looking forward to running myself. We will take a page from the Nascar All-star qualifying and minus the changing of the tires. For this event we will be using the entire oval and the competitors will exit the pits taking a warm up lap, then cross the timing lights for a full green flag lap, then once on the front straight enter and come to a complete stop in a 100' to 150' stop box before drag racing back out of the box for another green flag lap tripping the timers again on the front straight. This will be run Saturday afternoon/evening and possibly again on Sunday if the group has had enough on the road course.

If the lines are too confusing I can try to clean it up.

We may also do a fastest lap challenge for those who want to run the full oval with no chicanes or turns to slow the speeds down.

Gandalf
06-11-2013, 05:44 PM
OMG, this looks like it will be a blast!!!!

Gregg

Z06vet
06-11-2013, 06:03 PM
DAMN. I just took off a week for power tour & seeing this makes me want to take another week... I think I need more seat time before I turn myself loose on that speed stop. This looks absolutely bad ass. Scott

Flash68
06-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Wow. That looks fun.

Awful lot of concrete too. Stay safe out there drivers.

jtwoods4
07-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I ran off the track at the Southern Slam and was greeted by a grass field. Those concrete walls are bad, very bad.