PDA

View Full Version : season 2

hag6888
06-06-2013, 12:19 AM
Hopefully there be another season

Danny Thomas
06-17-2013, 04:24 AM
Hopefully there be another season

You must be really hard up for entertainment. Someone said it was the #1 show on Speed, no wonder this channel is heading for doom. Poor acting and staging of the races. Lets see actual all out racing.

cornfedbill
06-17-2013, 05:27 AM
You must be really hard up for entertainment. Someone said it was the #1 show on Speed, no wonder this channel is heading for doom. Poor acting and staging of the races. Lets see actual all out racing.

We set the bar pretty low. Mediocrity is always an easy target.

Actually, after a hard day of thinking at work, it is a nice diversion. I love the show. I just don't take it too seriously. Remember the Three Stooges ran from 1925 until 1970.

kochevy67
06-17-2013, 05:14 PM
I liked it and I am not hard up for entertainment. It was funny and I think it was designed that way. If I want to watch something serious I can watch 60 minutes. So I too hope for a second season.

Danny Thomas
06-17-2013, 06:20 PM
The show has potential but poor acting and race staging makes everyone look stupid. ProTouring is more than rednecks and moonshine. If the three stooges is what ProTouring is all about then the show has a great cast, just wish they could act and be funny. And if you going to do a second season, how bout least changing clothes so you can't tell it was filmed in one day. Show true racing and don't make up rules as you go. Mix up the cars, there are alot of ProTouring cars out there. Reality shows aren't real but at least make it look that way.

woodside783
07-09-2013, 11:05 AM
The only thing I did not like was when they had truck week. At least use protouring trucks

IROCgiraffe
07-09-2013, 07:17 PM
It would be nice to know if/when they are filming... I live not far away and would be cool to see.

drmatera
09-04-2013, 10:20 AM
I love the show. Great entertainment

The guys are funny and it is called "R U faster than a redneck?" so you can't expect too much :)

chevnut55
09-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Wish we could watch it here in ma. no more speed.. 20 years of paying for the sports package just to watch the only channel that is ever on in my house and they take it away. Hope there is a season 2 on another network.

seancarole
09-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Losing speed has been a major downer to say the least. I remember when they had Late night movies with the go to the lobby snake breaks. That was all I needed. Fox Sports SUCKS! NO more Pass Time Hell the last three episodes were some stupid ass basket ball game sorry if that offends anyone but if doesn't have a rip roaring motor and smokin tires I am not interested! R U Faster Than a Redneck had allot of potential.

rchaskin
09-09-2013, 08:01 AM
.....agreed.....Speed is already missed.

When I watch TV, I want to laugh, or see someone working / driving / racing cars.

Bill Howell
09-09-2013, 12:24 PM
The show has potential but poor acting and race staging makes everyone look stupid. ProTouring is more than rednecks and moonshine. If the three stooges is what ProTouring is all about then the show has a great cast, just wish they could act and be funny. And if you going to do a second season, how bout least changing clothes so you can't tell it was filmed in one day. Show true racing and don't make up rules as you go. Mix up the cars, there are alot of ProTouring cars out there. Reality shows aren't real but at least make it look that way.

Rocket Scientist here..........
Producer had us wear same clothes for all 14 days of filming. Of course they were not the same clothes, we had several matching shirts, jeans work easy.
Nothing was staged.
Maybe you should produce a show since you know so much about TV and entertainment. I am sure people would line up to "invest" in your ideas.

alowerlevel
09-11-2013, 08:40 PM
I hope another channel will pick up the show, it may not have been true "reality" tv (was is these days?) but there was PT cars on tv, and it was pretty damn entertaining. Would have been better if it wasnt obvious that the PT cars were holding back sometimes, I know it makes for better tv but still.....

Oh and Fox sports can suck it.

Todd in Vancouver
09-11-2013, 09:01 PM
:poke:Not to poke at anyone but Speed is still on in Canada. Maybe we can get RUFTR up here but get on it quick or you'll need snow tires on those PT cars. :poke:

snappytravis
09-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Well, Mr Howell is pissed, I like the show, I like cars, It's called Faster then a Redneck, What the hell do you expect for a show, Those guys aren't professional actors. I would think it would be cool as hell to be on tv. There just car guys out having a good time doing what they love. Give em a little break.

GrabberGT
09-12-2013, 06:47 AM
Well, Mr Howell is pissed, I like the show, I like cars, It's called Faster then a Redneck, What the hell do you expect for a show, Those guys aren't professional actors. I would think it would be cool as hell to be on tv. There just car guys out having a good time doing what they love. Give em a little break.

Agreed... I watched the show and enjoyed seeing the cars and people I "know" driving them. I admit I thought some of it was on the hokey side but whatever it takes short of dressing up as actual clowns (or worse... in drag) to get on TV and show how cool our cars are is fine by me. If another season comes out, I'll watch and promote it to as many friends as I can.

I'd prefer a televised race series be made out of a joint venture between ASCS, Optima Challenge, and Goodguys events. Surely there is enough money around here to make it happen. Unfortunately I just gave my only .02 here LOL.

rchaskin
09-12-2013, 07:35 AM
... (or worse... in drag) .......

Bill Howell in drag......LOL.

Too funny.

Slick68
09-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Bill Howell in drag......LOL.

Too funny.

:scared:

GeoffP
09-15-2013, 03:57 PM
Well I noticed that Bill is sporting an up and coming mullet. I hope it works out for a 2nd season. Me and my friends will watch it assuming it'll be aired online some way or another.

Bill Howell
09-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Well I noticed that Bill is sporting an up and coming mullet. I hope it works out for a 2nd season. Me and my friends will watch it assuming it'll be aired online some way or another.

LOL that is true. Mullet in process. When you are my age it takes a while for your hair to grow out but I have been working on it for about 3 months now in anticipation of a second season so we will see. I am prepared if and when we do get notification to show up.

I am only pissed at one member. the one that thinks his "cute" comments and jabs at me and others are called for or wanted. I call him out when he flat out lies and that is what I did.

rchaskin
09-16-2013, 06:28 AM
.....Rednecks Rule!!......

1966longroof
09-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Bill just food for thought. If you guys get the call.......bring in the Tenn. Farm Truck. That was the true sleeper of the weekend, he laid down some good laps. Maybe just some Fat Sticky Tires is all that is needed. Just my .02

Bill Howell
09-19-2013, 04:27 PM
I will mention it to the producers. it would be cool to have more trucks.

gutt_72
11-08-2013, 09:36 PM
i will mention it to the producers. It would be cool to have more trucks.

yes!!!! Please!!!

TheJDMan
12-05-2013, 05:18 PM
My only gripe with that show was it was too short. I would like to see more of the on track footage that I'm sure they shot.

Aficionado
12-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Any updates about the possibility of a 2d season?

1truckguy78
12-08-2013, 01:02 AM
Im bumping this, any updates about a season two? Im ready to switch cable providers if RU faster is coming back.

Enzo Damico
12-08-2013, 06:02 AM
Since speed channel is gone where would it be?

Bill Howell
12-08-2013, 08:16 AM
No news but doubtful it will happen this spring since no filming has been done, etc. From what I understand, Fox is in a holding pattern on this and other shows, while they get the new networks off the ground.

drmatera
12-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Go to Velocity (Discovery network).. They have really stepped up their car show line up

chevnut55
04-09-2014, 07:11 AM
I hope Velocity picks it up, and others that were on speed like bull run.
Sucked sitting here all winter watching a blank screen and paying for cable, dropped sports package because I hate ball sports, there are 5000 channels about guys talking about why a guy who makes millions dropped a ball.
They might want too much for the wrights even though they will not use them..we will see them in 10 years on a weird channel like pimp my car on hgtv.
Who is in charge of whats on and how do we tell them what we like?

flomofo
01-14-2015, 10:15 AM
Update?

Justin@EntropyRad
01-19-2015, 09:05 AM
The show was interesting...despite being unevenly weighted. Having crewed on one of the imports on that show, and driving another..they were good, but nowhere near the PT cars they were up against

I just liked seeing local people I know on TV!

Danny Thomas
02-25-2015, 05:39 AM
Why ?????? Optima Street Car has a show that shows true racing