PDA

View Full Version : Bmr A-arms

TA219
08-22-2005, 06:59 AM
http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F1.htm

Has anyone ever used these or can anyone tell me if this kit is missing anything? I cant find anyone that can beat the price and i have used BMR stuff on my old 4th gen and was very happy with it then.

I see that the upper arms are missing the ball joint but you can have them add it for a few bucks but other then that am i missing anything?

Thanks

zuess4u
08-22-2005, 07:23 AM
http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F1.htm

Has anyone ever used these or can anyone tell me if this kit is missing anything? I cant find anyone that can beat the price and i have used BMR stuff on my old 4th gen and was very happy with it then.

I see that the upper arms are missing the ball joint but you can have them add it for a few bucks but other then that am i missing anything?

Thanks

Wayne, before you spend your money on these, I would go to www.scandc.com speak with Marcus, the site may not show the arms you need but, I think he has them.

yody
08-22-2005, 09:56 AM
They look nice but from their add they apparently don't do anything but look shiny and red. I would look into the Scandc stuff or the AFX spindle from ATS, or just do the guldstrand mod for free.

tharber
08-23-2005, 03:45 AM
I have a set, not installed but they're here. I had the ball joints installed and the arms powder coated silver, total price was about $1000.00

I choose to replaced my pitted factory arms strictly for looks. I'm not fooling anyone by thinking that I will road race my car on the streets of Central Florida. With that in mind, I went with the company that I thought would be easier to deal with if I ever had problems.

I have nothing to compare these arms to but the quality is first rate and the customer service from BMR was outstanding.

I'll be happy to send you pics if needed.

Tim

Lowend
08-23-2005, 08:38 PM
In my Experence BMR stuff tends to be rather poorly finished copies of other people's designs.
Their 4th Gen F-body Torque Arm kit is a total POS

jeffandre
08-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Looks like one of the very few aftermarket sets of arms that minimize the excessive bulging that gets in the way of our metal wheels! If I had GW or any of the other top names in arms I would never have been able to fit the 19x10's with 7.25" bs on the front of my 71 Camaro. Of course quality matter more, so hopefully someone will make a high quality set that saves space!

2turbo71
08-25-2005, 08:12 AM
In my Experence BMR stuff tends to be rather poorly finished copies of other people's designs.
Don't know what BMR you bought from the parts that I bought were of excellnt quality FINISH and fit maybe you are mistaken. On a side note the fastest stock suspension car period has full BMR suspension Rick Head of Innovative Turbo...rant over..

96Z28SS
08-25-2005, 09:57 AM

I have seen alot of the BMR stuff being ripped off not the other way around.

Lowend
08-25-2005, 12:47 PM
After 5 years of building world class Pro-Touring cars, CMC cars, GT1, and GT2 cars I have seen quite a bit of suspension stuff. Most of the BMR 4th gen stuff are copies of the Global West.
Their Subframe connectors and torque arm take more than 3" out of the car's ground clearance.
In general I have not been impressed with their products.
Sphoon = good stuff
Global West = excellent stuff (but slow to deliver)
Hotchkis = pretty good stuff for a street car, but is not competitive for racing.
LG Motorsports = good stuff.

yody
08-25-2005, 03:30 PM
After 5 years of building world class Pro-Touring cars, CMC cars, GT1, and GT2 cars I have seen quite a bit of suspension stuff. Most of the BMR 4th gen stuff are copies of the Global West.
Their Subframe connectors and torque arm take more than 3" out of the car's ground clearance.
Sphoon = good stuff
Hotchkis = pretty good stuff for a street car, but is not competitive for racing.

hey, can we see some of these cars you built? I'd be cool to see what other people are doing in this area. Any pics of the world class pro-touring cars? also what hand did you have in the builds?

TitoJones
08-25-2005, 05:01 PM
Cody-
He used to work @ Speed Merchant where Tony Huntimer resides. They have built some awesome cars in their years. Just one off my head was Bob Spears red 69 Vert with an Lt1/4L60. They've also done some WC C5 'Vettes and other race cars.
Perfect example is the 68 Camaro with the flares built for AIX. That was SM built.

Tyler

yody
08-25-2005, 05:15 PM
any websites? I thought he was a parts guy? I should make a trip down there, didn't know they were doing such high end builds. Kudos to you guys :)

96Z28SS
08-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Sphoon = good stuff

Well I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you on this.
I had BMR products on my car and spohn products.

My experience with the BMR stuff was great. Not sure what your talking about with the subframe connectors. BMR subframe connectors on my car didn't hang down more than 1/2 inch below the pinch weld on the rocker!

I also had a spohn torque arm on my car. Lets just say I was F@!%ing pissed when the spohn torque arm when going over a bump punchered a hole on my driveshaft tunnel. It also happened on a few other peoples cars. Not to mention I had hardly any ground clearance with the crossmember they provide with the torque arm. I took it out and bought the BMR piece.

I worked at a shop that did alot of work on mostly 4th gen F-body stuff.
For the price and quality I would recommend BMR all the way.

Lowend
08-26-2005, 07:59 PM
I guess I'll have to show off a little... Just for Yody's sarcasim

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/09/sclfup-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2005/08/benanddavecornersm-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2005/08/56chevenginesm-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2005/08/rickbengtopsm-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2005/08/miltvetfrontcaliperssm-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2005/08/sm080901vettenosdrsm-1.jpg

Have I proved my point yet

yody
08-27-2005, 08:59 AM
sorry, wasn't tryint to be sarcastic. So those are cars you built, or speed merchant? Where can we find more details on that first gen? I have seen that picture before, is the car finished yet? Also is that red first gen the one that originally had teh BMR suspension?

68protouring454
08-27-2005, 09:36 AM
KUDOS TO YOU Cody, you are really boring now

Lowend
08-27-2005, 09:47 AM
I was with Speed Merchant for 5 years and before that spent 2 years at Corvette Clinic. Most of the fab work is done by other people at the shop. I could do it, but I'm a slow worker. It made more sense to have me work on the design side and have others who were faster with the torch do the grunt work. Believe me... I got my hands dirty more times than I can count. I think what most people don't understand (and why I sometimes come off arrogant) is the sheer volume of speed "stuff" I have worked with. Where most people can discuss products that they have used on their own car, I have had the time and resources to evaluate many different products and manufacturers on many different cars. Can one really say that brand X is better than Brand Y if they haven't worked with both?
Over the years I installed several BMR bits amoungst others; I have nothing to gain or lose if anyone buys BMR anything... If someone asks for an opinion I give honest opinions on products I have had experence with.
I should note that I am not with the Speed Merchant any more; I left in January for a more lucrative career in Commercial truck leasing.

The Red Camaro belonged to Ben Chase; it featured the entire Global West suspension package with Ground Control Coilovers, you can't see it in that shot, but it has one of the nicer roll cages I have ever seen (Campbell Auto Restoration did the cage though)
Other bits included Baer Brakes all around and some cutom valved Bilstiens.
The car handled incredabably but the motor was a tired 93 LT1.
The first gen isn't done, but its much closer than before... it has a full body, cage and the suspension is done. Right now Paul is plumbing the brakes.