PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Classic Motorsports/Hurst Drivelines?

2tone66
06-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Hey I've just signed up with this site to learn as much as I can about the T56 swap I'm currently in the middle of - trans and cross member are done, McLeod clutch is on site, Weir Hot Rods conversion bellhousing and push-type throw-out/slave is in place but, I need a way to attach the wilwood master cylinder to the fireall. I purchased a firewall plate from Street and Performance but it is designed for the factory 1992 Camaro master with the angled flange/wilwood ,master has a straight flange - which messes up the whole push rod angle.

However, after watching the podcast online from classic motorsports/hurst drivelines website - they show exactly what I need to mount this master cylinder using the wilwood piece. I called this outfit this morning after being told a week ago that they would sell me the master cylinder to pedal rod set-up but they were at lunch and to call back. I called back today to purchase both the rod set-up and the firewall bracket and was told that they only sell these parts in kits or in kit form, not as individual components.

although we work in the marine industry, we've serviced everything from supertankers, VLCC's to tug boats - the reason being if there is a customer/we provide the service.

So I guess unless you have the money to buy the kit you're golden. However, for those of us who have parts and would like to take advantage of their R&D - we're "SOL".

I don't get it - if you can sell your parts to assist a customer out - why wouldn't you!?! I guess they don't need the money, if I ever run across anyone/anywhere who is interested in doing what I've done - I will steer them well clear of the above mentioned outfit.