PDA

View Full Version : Tried to hate pro touring cars! I have given up!

ultraman71
05-28-2013, 04:09 PM
I owned a 69 Camaro when I was in a teenager. Sold it before I got married :rolleyes: Over the past 3 years I have been looking for a decent car to restore into a mild restomod. Basically upgrade the car the way I wish I could have afforded to do back then to my 69.. After searching the web for potential ideas I kept seeing these UGLY over tired/wheeled 60's cars. Hated the idea of anything more than a good small block and wheels and tires over 15" on a 60's classic. However I kept finding myself on this site more and more... The looks of these modified classics began to take hold! Well all I can say is that I'm fully converted to this religion! In the future I hope the knowledgeable people here will be able to guide me in the process of building my 67 Camaro pro touring project! Thanks in advance from south GA!

T_Raven
05-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Welcome. Glad you've seen the light

Rod
05-28-2013, 05:32 PM
we are pushing a bad drug

Jdinjax
05-28-2013, 05:40 PM
You found the right place to get your fix!

ChevelleNV
05-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Welcome to the dark side..... :)

RS_Customs
05-29-2013, 05:20 AM
Welcome!

Not sure how far south you are and it's short notice, but there will be several of regular pt event guys at chevy high nationals this weekend that are in the south east. If your not to far, come on up and introduce yourself and have some fun. We will be running the autocross and I'm sure you could grab a ride with someone. Bring your helmet if you have one. (There might be some to borrow if you don't have one)

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?99252-Chevy-High-Performance-Nationals-May-31-June-2-ATL-Drag

Robert

raustinss
05-29-2013, 05:46 PM
He'll even us Canadians...you know way the heck up north buried in snow for 14 months a year. In freezing temps 10 days a week have embraced pro touring...all I got to say is welcome to the club....eh...? grab your hockey stick it's going to be fun

Mr.VENGEANCE
05-29-2013, 08:04 PM
kinda hard to do aint it?...

TheJDMan
05-30-2013, 03:52 PM
Welcome!
I too was opposed to any wheel larger than 15" until I ran across a picture of MotiV8r and now after a complete chassis/wheel/brake upgrade I just grin when I go around a high speed sweeper. Now the handling and brakes are as potent and the power.

wadem
05-31-2013, 08:00 AM
jdman i love the look of your car,what wheel/tire size is that and how much backspacing is in the rear wheels?

Norm Peterson
05-31-2013, 08:45 AM
Hated the idea of anything more than a good small block and wheels and tires over 15" on a 60's classic.
Welcome.

Time was when I'd have agreed with your statement about not going above 15's on most anything.

It got a lot easier once I realized that there wasn't much for tires left in 15" sizes that are big enough, and what there is, isn't all that great. Still don't care for 19's and up, so either a semblance of old-school sense of proportion remains or I'm getting too old to put up with hoisting 65 lbs of wheel and tire off each corner of the car.

Norm

BMR Sales
05-31-2013, 12:27 PM
Welcome to the site and the most superior style of builds! The 67 looks like a good start for sure..... what do you have planned for the suspension?