PDA

View Full Version : 67 camaro exhaust problems

RobM
08-20-2005, 11:19 PM
I’m putting an exhaust system on my 67 camaro (small block with hooker headers) and on the passenger side I’m having some real trouble right at the collector... it seems the tranny cross member for my 4 speed is right in the way of just having a straight piece of pipe come off the collector. Any one else have this issue? how did you make it work pics would be very helpful

Rick Dorion
08-21-2005, 03:05 AM
Assuming the engine mounts are correct, perhaps an oval pipe from Dr. Gas might give you enough clearance. How's clearance on the driver side? It's possible to loosen the mount/frame bracket bolts and leverage a little clearance to even things out. I have Hedmans with 3" head pipe and it's close but clears.

RobM
08-22-2005, 10:20 AM
im not talking about the header not clearing its the pipe coming off the collector. i think ill try loosening up the mounts and trying to shift every thing.

Damn True
08-22-2005, 10:29 AM
Is the header straight? I have bought pipes before in which one side pointed straight back, and the other was all caddywumpus. A bit of heat, and a broomstick in the collector was all it took to get the offending calliope on its intended path.

RobM
08-22-2005, 10:30 PM
wow those are some pretty interesting key words you used there damn true!!! :icon_razz . i was thinking of doing the same thing but i dont have an oxy/acetylene torch....