PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having issues with Inline Tube?

sjaroslo
05-22-2013, 09:57 AM
I sent my hardline mockups to them; tomorrow will be 2 weeks that they've had them. I never received any acknowledgement that they had received them, other than the UPS confirmation. After having given them a week to respond, I made my first of what has now turned into 4 follow up calls.... I can understand a company being busy, and I'm happy for them, if that is the case. But unless you keep your customer informed, a company that is "busy" doesn't look that much different than a company that is "poorly managed and doesn't know which end is up" to the end user.

They are very prompt about answering their phone, and you aren't allowed to send anything in without calling first and getting an authorization. How hard would it have been during that initial conversation to have set some expectations? Or at any point along the way? Every time I've called, I've been told that I would have a quote provided the next day, and yet nothing ever materializes. Then you're faced with another dilemma--having been mis-led and kept in the dark for this long, can I believe them when they tell me how long it is going to take to actually produce the product? And how much of a hostage am I to them now, knowing that they have the only copy of my custom bent lines in their possession? Besides the fact that the shipping costs a fortune due to the oversized box....

Just wanted to share my experience and recommend anyone else going this route to have a serious discussion with the phone rep before sending anything to Inline Tube for custom replication.

sjaroslo
05-30-2013, 01:49 PM
To close the loop on this one, they finally got back to me with a quote yesterday. Holy Hell this is expensive (considering I already bought the stock lines in mild steel, paid for the shipping to me, bent them up and added new material on, paid to ship them back, paid to have them re-made custom in Stainless, and then paid to ship them to me again). The box only weighs like 7 lbs but because it is 7 feet long, it costs a fortune. Anyway, they claim they will have them done either today or tomorrow and will get them on their way back to me ASAP. Also claimed to have knocked off $100 for my trouble--but still came out very expensive, in my opinion. Maybe par for the course for stainless custom lines, I have nothing to compare it to, just ended up spending a hell of a lot more than I expected through the overall process.

The cherry on the icing on the cake was that the credit card that I used to pay for it, which was never out of my possession and was unused for anything else that day, was hacked soon afterwards.... I'm chalking it up to very, very, very unfortunate coincidence....