PDA

View Full Version : Hpcc-2013

Bill Howell
05-16-2013, 04:39 PM
1227 miles round trip from my house to Autobahn and back, and yes, I am ready to do it again if we can have that much fun again!
Wal, Cam, Mike and the rest of the Heidts team did an outstanding job of making sure everyone had a great weekend. Friday we did a tour of the old building and then had a bbq at the new facility where they will be moving next week. Saturday we had 94 cars on site ready to have fun. Another bonus at this event was a carshow. Over 75 local guys turned out to show off their cars and even got a few laps around the track during the racers lunch break. I am happy to report that one of those carshow guys promised to be back next year with a car he could race, looks like we brought yet another lawn chair guy over to the dark side.... After a full day of racing, school at autocross, speed stop practice and gocarting for those that hadn't had enough, we were treated to a nice reception sponsored by Dave and the Gang at Forgeline. The band played til late-thirty and many nice door prizes were given away. Sunday was yet another full day of track time, autocrossing and s/s challenge. We had a run off for both autocross and Speed/stop after lunch, then our award ceremony. Most were headed home for what was left of Mother's Day by 5pm.
This was my first time at Autobahn and I was very impressed with the facility. It certainly lived up to it's country club status, grounds were as nice as any golf course I have played, yet the smell of burning rubber made it much better than a boring round of golf. lol
ASCS is proud to have been part of the HPCC 2013 and we look forward to doing it again next year. If you missed HPCC this year, be sure to sign up early next time, as I am sure it will fill up fast next year.

v8s only
05-16-2013, 05:42 PM
thank you bill was great event we met some nice people I also drove about 1300 miles round trip (no trailer) and I will do it again next year

Van B
05-16-2013, 08:00 PM
Thanks Bill. I wish I could have stayed til Sunday but I had to get home for Mother's Day. It's just as well though as I had been battling a slow leak in my right front tire all day Saturday and took it off tonight to find a 2 inch crack in the wheel. I was pushing it pretty hard chasing Danny, Kyle and Stacy. I could have ended up like the guy in the red Camaro.

So Cal Camaro
05-16-2013, 09:03 PM
I had such a great time at the Heidt's event....decided to keep my Camaro out there a little longer than planned to do the Run to the Music City 2...Thanks to ASCS and all the sponsors for putting on such a great event...I plan to make the 2,100 trip again next year.