PDA

View Full Version : Katech Street Attack LS7

James OLC
05-16-2013, 09:33 AM
SOLD - Katech Street Attack LS7

I have a fairly limited window on an opportunity to replace/upgrade the mill in the OneLapCamaro and as a few people have inquired since we got back from OLOA I figured I'd post this to see if something can make it across the line...

Approximately 16,000 miles (mostly highway), good condition but probably needs some valve work, professionally maintained and last fine tuning was done by Mike Norris. The powdercoating on the valve covers is cracking.

Dry sump (factory) LS7 built by Katech (serial number available upon request) to Street Attack specifications, 11.35:1 compression ratio, Torquer camshaft (KAT-4727 HR1046) installed 106° intake C/L - 595HP, 558 lbs.ft. with mild tune.

You can see the basic specs on the Katech website (http://www.katechengines.com/performance/engines/engine-packages/)

Offering it complete less headers, oil pan, starter, accessory drive, and air box. Will include all sensors, intake, TB, coil mounts, coils, plug wires, and stock fuel rail.

Delivery or pickup possible in California.

Available with tuned MEFI4B ECU and wiring harness
Available with new Concept One Victory Accessory Drive and accessories (Alternator, power steering pump, AC compressor)
Available with ATS road race oil pan, dry sump tank, breather and lines

Buy everything as a package for and I'll include a used McCleod RST dual disk clutch.

For full disclosure - during one lap we were encountering an issue where oil was being sucked past the guides under deceleration after high RPM WOT running (i.e. Daytona and VIR). This resulted in fouled plugs and O2 sensors but does not seem to be having any affect on the bottom end. If I keep it I will freshen the heads but that's about it. The asking price is in line with a stock LS7 takeout and reflects the cost of servicing the heads to make the engine 100%. I just happen to have an opportunity that is hard to pass up so it makes sense to do a deal right now even at a discount.

PM or email - james at onelapcamaro dot com - for more info.

Cheers
James

srh3trinity
05-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Somebody will get a killer deal on a well sorted out engine. It sounds great and is a proven powerplant too.

James OLC
05-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks Stephen - it's definately a good mill and I think it says volumes that my replacement will be coming from Katech as well (if all goes as planned). One of the many things that OLOA showed us this week was that the competition is getting stiffer every year and I need more of a few things if we want to step things up a notch.

efs69
05-16-2013, 03:54 PM
James,

I sent you a PM.

Thanks

James OLC
05-16-2013, 04:07 PM
All PMs replied to - thanks!

James OLC
05-17-2013, 07:12 AM
SOLD - thanks Pro-Touring!

BayouSS
05-17-2013, 01:48 PM
Good luck with the sale James. That is one sweet sounding engine. I snoozed a little too long on this one for sure.

Cannot wait to see the replacement.