PDA

View Full Version : Cool toy for my son's Sonoma V8

cornfedbill
05-14-2013, 05:41 PM
It is not pro-touring yet, but this is cool. I think it will give him a little boost. Definitely old school.

The plan is to modify this to blow through a GM marine EFI intake (a version of the Vortec 5.7L intake with conventional injectors).

Should be fun!

Randy67
05-15-2013, 05:19 AM
Cool! I haven't seen that before, learn something new today. Looks like a good setup for a pickup, too bad I am switching mine to a 454 instead of the 350. Might have been a fun thing to try.

SparkyRnD
05-15-2013, 06:05 AM
now that is unique and cool!

Kenova
05-15-2013, 05:17 PM
Oh yeah! '70's tech!:headbang::twothumbs

Ken

jlcustomz
05-15-2013, 09:39 PM
That should still be cool, plus you can add some more updated tech to it like snow methanol injection & modern timing retard control.

Now on the hooking it up part , too bad your son doesn't know someone with intake design skills. :poke:

cornfedbill
05-16-2013, 03:16 AM
That should still be cool, plus you can add some more updated tech to it like snow methanol injection & modern timing retard control.

Now on the hooking it up part , too bad your son doesn't know someone with intake design skills. :poke:

It looks like he will be starting with one of the GM Marine intakes I designed a while back. I have two on my shelf.

The photo does not show the headers that support the turbos. The look like block huggers turned upside down. The guy we bought this from had them custom made. It will be a cool blend of old and new.

72BBSwinger
05-16-2013, 05:40 AM
That is an old "draw through" setup from the 70's or early 80's! I dont think ive ever seen one in a twin configuration. I am by no means a turbo guy, but a friend used to have one of those on a Suburban with a single turbo and it was a beast.

cornfedbill
05-16-2013, 06:02 AM
That is an old "draw through" setup from the 70's or early 80's! I dont think ive ever seen one in a twin configuration. I am by no means a turbo guy, but a friend used to have one of those on a Suburban with a single turbo and it was a beast.

Good call. That is what it is.

The guy we bought it from had it converted from a single turbo to a twin turbo. I am a bit worried that it is too much. But can you ever have too much power?

topless
05-16-2013, 09:58 PM
The intake you are referring to is for the vortech 5.7l? If so, care to get rid of one of those marine intakes?
It looks like he will be starting with one of the GM Marine intakes I designed a while back. I have two on my shelf.

The photo does not show the headers that support the turbos. The look like block huggers turned upside down. The guy we bought this from had them custom made. It will be a cool blend of old and new.

cornfedbill
05-17-2013, 05:26 AM
The intake you are referring to is for the vortech 5.7l? If so, care to get rid of one of those marine intakes?

It is for the Vortec 5.7L. It has a cast iron base and aluminum top. It looks like the one on the left, but without the wiring harness. I also have one from a truck like the one on the right that I took off a motor I bought on craigslist.

Do you have something to trade? Cash works too. :)

BADNBLK
05-17-2013, 10:23 AM
I saw this on Craigslist... be cool to see how it turns out! Nice man.