PDA

View Full Version : Travis engle/daytonayellaz call me!

bsinclair
05-10-2013, 07:54 PM
travis, please call me asap..

jeremy30thz
05-16-2013, 06:15 AM
Yeah Travis how about calling me too

quiksilvr
05-22-2013, 12:00 PM
I see a pattern here. He is ducking all of us.

CE69
05-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Talked to him at the beginning of the month, said he had some weather related problems. Might be still recovering from that??

quiksilvr
05-22-2013, 12:27 PM
He seems like a stand up guy and I ordered a drive train from him based on recomendations from this site.
It's been 8 months now. He doesn't reply to texts or answer his phone.
I'm not here to bad mouth anyone but I need some answers.

jeremy30thz
05-22-2013, 01:22 PM
I talked to him yesterday, I'm sure he will be getting with everybody soon

quiksilvr
05-22-2013, 02:55 PM
I sent you a pm

69LSX
05-25-2013, 07:01 PM
After several unsuccessful attempts to privately contact Travis to have him send a final invoice for what I owe and ship my drivetrain, I have decided to go public like some of you others have done here. In a nutshell, I have paid Travis a deposit for half of what I owe him. On top of that, he has a LS2 Corvette intake that I purchased and had shipped to him so he could install on my engine. While I have heard from a few of you that claim you have recently spoken with Travis, I still have yet to hear word one from him (phone, text or e-mail). I even texted him a few times earlier tonight with no response even though from what I've been told, his phone is working just fine. If Travis has experienced some bad luck recently like I have heard, I really do feel for him, but that does not excuse him from contacting his customers and coming clean with them. All I want is for him to contact me so we can discuss options. I hate to see his good reputation get smeared just because he didn't get in touch with a few customers to let them know what has happened and what he is doing to correct it. Hopefully, he will read this and get back to me.

jefpar1
05-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Travis, will you please call me. I've called you 8 times over the past 2 weeks leaving messages when your voicemail wasn't full, with no response. You know my situation, and time is now an issue.

andrewb70
05-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Guys....He hasn't logged into the forum since May 9th, before this thread was started. He isn't reading these posts...

Andrew

quiksilvr
05-28-2013, 07:27 PM
Guys....He hasn't logged into the forum since May 9th, before this thread was started. He isn't reading these posts...

Andrew

I have talked to several people who have talked to him. I contacted them through this forum. The only people he doesn't contact are the ones he owes. He know whats going on. Short of being in a coma he has no excuse for not contacting us.

andrewb70
05-28-2013, 08:06 PM
I have talked to several people who have talked to him. I contacted them through this forum. The only people he doesn't contact are the ones he owes. He know whats going on. Short of being in a coma he has no excuse for not contacting us.

I am not making excuses, but if you look at his profile, you will see that he hasn't logged into the forum since May 9th. For the record, I believe that Larry has pulled his banner ad a few weeks ago.

Andrew

domcenzo
05-28-2013, 08:32 PM
Uh oh. I talked with him a few weeks ago and was told he has had phone issues. Sounds more serious than that.

quiksilvr
06-01-2013, 05:16 AM
Just a quick update.
Travis called me last night. Apparently he is going through some challenging times. He reassured me that he was going to take care of everyone that had orders with him.

domcenzo
06-06-2013, 02:56 PM
I just met up with Travis and realize I've not been on this forum for long so you don't know me from Adam. So take it for what it's worth. Travis had a really bad flood in his shop. Many engines along with cars and a personal truck were ruined. If you were to put yourself in his shoes, personal loss, the feeling of letting people down and then dealing with insurance companies to try to recoup some loss, you can imagine how tough this time is. Now add a couple surgeries. I know everyone has projects needing completed, but I think Travis deserves some slack. He's come through for a lot of you in the past. Let him dig himself out. Without him I'd have been up a creek when my old 427 ate the cam.

domcenzo
06-06-2013, 03:01 PM
I just bought an alternator from Travis. He bailed me out again. First time was when my old 427 ate the cam. In talking with him, he's been through a really rough time. We had some heavy rain here in Indiana back in April. Travis was on the bad end of that and lost a lot of personal property as well as other folks parts/engines. He's come through for a lot o us in the past. IMHO he deserves some slack and some time to dig himself out of this unfortunate event.

robertjra
06-06-2013, 08:37 PM
I just bought an alternator from Travis. He bailed me out again. First time was when my old 427 ate the cam. In talking with him, he's been through a really rough time. We had some heavy rain here in Indiana back in April. Travis was on the bad end of that and lost a lot of personal property as well as other folks parts/engines. He's come through for a lot o us in the past. IMHO he deserves some slack and some time to dig himself out of this unfortunate event.

Travis did me a solid on my motor and transmission too the transmission he was going to sell me had a slight crack in the case not a bad crack he could have just sold it to me as is but you know what he did..... he gave me his transmission that he had built for his car all new with red force Internals

sixfivepost
06-27-2013, 11:10 AM
He hooked me up too, but was struggling to keep up with all the orders, his home improvement business, and starting a custom car shop. Hope all is well and he makes it unlike so many other hot rod shops, and vendors. A few months ago, he sent me my LS that was sitting for his wife's car. I had him install a few things including a Thunder Racing cam. Unfortunately, Thunder Racing just went belly up. Seems to be a trend in these difficult economic times. Hope he makes it.

COPO-RAT
07-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Hopefully all the info about his troubles is indeed the reason he is ducking everyone. Hate to see bad things happen to good people.
He still owes me an ECM from a motor/trans package I picked up from him just after Easter 2012. Hopefully he gets back on his feet without much more difficulty.

bsinclair
07-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Travis is a good guy but poor communication and not knowing how to say no has got him in a bad situation. I can say i was short changed some on my dealings and gave the run around. I feel fortunate as there are others that have invested alot with him and received nothing. As hobbies turn into a business like his did, it was not ever intended to blow up as fast as it did. The potential of his hobby was high but some unfortunate circumstances in his life left him in a deep hole. I hope that he can work through this and clear his name as he is a good person.

I started this thread as i was upset because of lack of communication and the amount of money I had shelled out. Travis called me and we had a long talk about what has been going on. I won't lie, it was very heated and some name calling was done. After it was all hashed out i knew he was in a position that none of us want to be in. I asked that he come forward and post a thread on both of the pro touring forum's most of us are on. This was several months ago and i have yet to see it. He did have 2 floods within a few weeks span that did a whole lot of damage to a leased building he was working out of. This property did not have flood insurance so he is forced to eat it. Please try and contact him and try to work out a solution.

holmespine
07-17-2013, 01:26 PM
All I would like is what I've already paid for or simply my money back. I've been dealing with this for over a year and a half. I've retained an attorney in Indiana. If anyone would like their information I would be happy to assist with that. I paid travis over 22K and sent parts on top of that. Feel free to PM me. I knew I wasn't alone.

Samckitt
08-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Anyone talk to him recently?

73z-6sp
08-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Now that I read this I feel a bit vindicated. No...I do not find joy in your problem. Not at all. But here is my story:

I have not been a fan of Travis for quite sometime. I bought an engine from him in November 2010. I immediately got a bad vibe and I tried to be patient. But he gave me the run around and sob stories EVERY TIME I managed to contact him. I was ready to fly to Indiana and gather some hometown friends for a visit to Travis...that's how mad I was. Some of you on this site received pm's from me at the time because you posted that you were going to buy from him. I feel like I got shafted with my transaction. Not only did it take months to receive it, and while the engine has been "good" so far, the transmission has been a problem. The engine was supposed to have 13k...I received it and it looked like hell...then he said it had 18k. I caught him in too many "fibs". Oil in it was BLACK. Was corroded terribly. Starter was so rusty it failed before I got car on the road. I could keep going. Engine looked like it had been in a flood. Perhaps his garage is in a pond? I dont know.

Personally, I think he sells more of these than he actually has on hand so instead of losing a sell, he takes your money and waits till he finds the engine combo you agreed on. Just my opinion.

I'm sorry you are getting the run around. As much as we pay for these engines...I dont think it is beyond reason to expect some communication. Regardless of what life is throwing at you.

TSSPAYNE69RS
10-28-2013, 08:52 AM
I paid Travis 4,400 as a down payment on an engine in May of 2012. He has given me the run around ever since. Now his email and phone are down. I beginning to think he may just be a common thief!!:machine:

I'm sorry you are getting the run around. As much as we pay for these engines...I dont think it is beyond reason to expect some communication. Regardless of what life is throwing at you.[/QUOTE]

69LSX
10-29-2013, 03:21 PM
If any of you guys think you will ever see engines, parts, or your money back from Travis, you can forget it ! Travis was arrested for involvement in a car theft ring a while back. I too am a victim of his and actually spoke with a detective from Indiana who confirmed this. The only thing you can try to do per the detective is file a civil suit against Travis, but he did emphasize that you more than likely still will not be awarded anything. Here is another link from this site that kind of gives a little insight to this saga.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/101564-Another-Travis-Victim

Sorry to any of you that have lost anything to Travis, but it's time to accept reality here. I had a tough time accepting the facts as well, since Travis came highly recommended either by word of mouth, or through various web sites. I guess somewhere down the line he either got involved with the wrong people, or just took a bad path. I am now going to go the safe route and purchase a crate engine from Chevrolet or a established online parts company. Good luck to you all.

sixfivepost
12-03-2013, 07:34 PM
If any of you guys think you will ever see engines, parts, or your money back from Travis, you can forget it ! Travis was arrested for involvement in a car theft ring a while back. I too am a victim of his and actually spoke with a detective from Indiana who confirmed this. The only thing you can try to do per the detective is file a civil suit against Travis, but he did emphasize that you more than likely still will not be awarded anything. Here is another link from this site that kind of gives a little insight to this saga.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/101564-Another-Travis-Victim

Sorry to any of you that have lost anything to Travis, but it's time to accept reality here. I had a tough time accepting the facts as well, since Travis came highly recommended either by word of mouth, or through various web sites. I guess somewhere down the line he either got involved with the wrong people, or just took a bad path. I am now going to go the safe route and purchase a crate engine from Chevrolet or a established online parts company. Good luck to you all.

Unfortunately, this is all true. My engine is going bye bye to my local police and I'm having to prove that I thought I was making a legitimate purchase. So, even though I typically don't trust long distance or internet sales, I trusted all the positive reviews, I trusted the guy due to the reviews and thought I was buying with confidence. My project is ruined, I'm feel like I'm being treated like a criminal, and I have to sell my car as a roller since I just cannot spend any more $$ on a new engine.

Wonderful.