PDA

View Full Version : Who Makes The Best Metal Panels

Sarge
05-07-2013, 05:07 PM
Ok, I have had two auto body shops tell me two different things. One says that my rear quarter panels are good and that he can work with them and the second is telling me that I should replace the rear quarter panels. I am needing one new front fender for sure. So if I am going to be buying body parts, who makes or has the best metal for 1970 GTO? I know of AMES, OPGI (Original Parts Group), AMD (Auto Metal Direct), and NPD (National Parts Depot). What would you guys recommend?

Thanks, Trent

Buckskin
05-07-2013, 05:17 PM
The AMD is what I have used in the past and it is a very nice product if it is one of the products they manufacture. I think they carry other companys products too at least the parts they dont manufacture yet.

72'Monte
05-07-2013, 06:40 PM
AMD or goodmark is good.

snappytravis
05-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Amd guys use to work for goodmark, I had a amd door skin and my friend had another manufacturers the amd skin was heavier guage steel, you could pick up the door skins and tell the difference, I know that amd stuff fits pretty good, I would maybe get on a gto forum and ask the guys how the stuff fits, I had to cut the quarters along the trunk opening and move in to make gaps even and tighter. Truth of it is how picky are you about fit and finish?

blainemeyer
05-09-2013, 04:40 PM
I am no professional body man but even I could tell the differance between an AMD and non-AMD rear tail light I bought for my 1969 Camaro. In my opinion go with AMD if you can.