PDA

View Full Version : C5 brake Abutment brackets and questions...

chevyracer8262
05-06-2013, 05:45 AM
I'm currently aquiring parts for my 69 Chevelle c5 front brake conversion and have run into some questions..... So far I've aquired a pair of 66 Elcamino drum brakes spindles, hubs, and 02 C5 Vette calipers. I got a heck of a deal on the calipers but they didn't come with the abutment brackets... Now for the questions, will 02 WS6 Trans Am Abutment brackets work with C5 calipers (I can get a pair for free)? If so what modifications need to be made to make them fit and what brake pads would they use Vette or Trans Am? I plan to machine my own custom mounting brackets so I'm not concerned about finding brakets and such.. I've read a few posts that they'll work with modifications but found no detals on the rest of the conversion...
Can anyone shed some light on this for me???

Thanks,

Apogee
05-06-2013, 05:49 AM
There are a few key differences between the 98-02 F-body and C5/C6 front pad abutment brackets, however if you intend to make your own brackets, then you should be able to account for those differences once you've nailed down which rotor you intend to use. It's also important to note that your pads should match your pad abutment brackets, not the calipers, so you'd be running F-body PAB's and therefore F-body pads.

Tobin
KORE3