PDA

View Full Version : Airmaster Brakes air assist braking

Nothingface5384
05-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Whats your thoughts on an air brake assist on a pro-tour car?
http://www.powerbrakeservice.net/power-brake-service-airmaster-brake-booster.html (http://www.powerbrakeservice.net/power-brake-service-airmaster-brake-booster.html)

Our AIRMASTER brake system that uses an air valve pedal assembly to apply a remote mounted air-hydraulic brake booster that is great for heavy vehicles, high horsepower cars, cars with limited firewall clearance, and/or customs that have air ride suspension already.

It uses a small amount of air pressure delivered by an air tank to the air hydraulic booster, similar to the brake systems on super sized big rigs and buses, but its on a passenger car so it pushes a standard dual master cylinder and everything is the same after that. It requires an air tank and pump to operate, but if you already have those for air suspension than that setup can be utilized to power it.

It supplies any amount of pressure at the touch of a toe, and includes a four wheel lock up parking brake. Master cylinders are available in piston sizes from 7/8 inch to 2 inch, which makes it available for small cars on up to large trucks. Pressures are available from 700 to 2500 psi, triple the potential of an average mail order vacuum brake booster. Units can be polished, chromed, and powder coated, and can be supplied with or without an air compressor and tank. It has more clearance than a Hydro-Boost/ master combo, offers pressures beyond those available with the Hydro-Boost, and can be mounted in the trunk.

Nothingface5384
05-09-2013, 07:38 PM
really nobody?
you guys are making me want to buy to review it
this would definetly be an awsome compliment to the guys running air ride/ride tech

andrewb70
05-09-2013, 08:16 PM
I run manual brakes on my GTO.

Andrew

shizzy
05-10-2013, 03:32 AM
is that going to throw any legal issues in to operating your car? If your car now has "air brakes" is it going to fall under a different license class?

Rhino
05-10-2013, 05:27 AM
Out of curiosity I did look to see how Kansas would classify the vehicle. The only air brake provisions spelled out are related to commercial vehicles over 26,000 GVWR.
Under 26,000 lbs you'd be treated like a standard car.

Nothingface5384
05-10-2013, 10:21 AM
yeah its a weight thing most likely for everystate
pretty sure the guy said if the air brake ever failed it'd stop just like a normal powerbrake car thats not under power, i'll have to re inquire, its been a while

Rhino
05-10-2013, 10:56 AM
I'd agree with that. Typical air systems are not air over hydraulic. They're simply air. When air pressure is applied, the brakes are released. Under braking this air pressure is released in a controlled manor.