PDA

View Full Version : survivor '66 Olds 442 on air 18's

bagginit72
05-02-2013, 07:01 AM
Hi, my name is Colton, I have a survivor '66 Olds 442. I'm new to the G machine thing, I have resisted the urge since it became popular. Recently though, the 14" ET rims/ drum brakes and old Lakewood ladderbars, (binding), have gotten to me. This Olds needed to ride like an Olds most of the time, but be able to stiffen up when I need it. Thus, I bit the bullet and bought a Ride Tech kit. Next thing you know, my father was getting rid of some 275/45-18 michelin sports brand new. G machine starter kit, here we go. This stuff costs a fortune, as you all know, so I'm nickel diming it slowly. I dont see any early 442 low/ fast/ that can handle. I'm proud to be here, show my car and maybe get some advice.

SparkyRnD
05-06-2013, 06:43 PM
welcome to the club! spend some time here, you'll see there are some wicked early a-bodies that are low and can handle!

JTz442
05-16-2013, 04:09 AM
Nice Car

J-440
05-16-2013, 05:26 PM
My favorite year of Olds. Sweet ride. Don't worry, there are plenty of things you can do to make your car handle and go faster. You've hit the motherload on this board.

bagginit72
05-28-2013, 05:12 AM
Well, I got the Ridetech kit in. I hated nibbling the frame pockets in the front. It almost killed me, but I redeemed myself by not drilling one hole in the body. I took a SS plate and made an airpod with magnet feet from an old lightbar. I popped the gas vent grommet and brought the lines up there and used an exisiting ground location. It sits right where I want it. I havent driven it yet becasue I have a coolant leak. Curses, the leaks. Its like chasing children around. I'm very happy with Ridetech, they had great support. I had a couple hiccups, but they helped out.