PDA

View Full Version : can i get opinions please

blunt420
04-28-2013, 04:03 PM
It was a lot easier to pick my daughters name than picking wheels for my 68 camaro haha I've narrowed it down to 2 choices I'm stuck between Rushforth rated x or Rushforth fuel
http://rushforthwheels.com/?p=61. http://rushforthwheels.com/?p=107

I like the fuel polished or with black centers and I like the rated x just polished BTW my camaro is black with white stripes

Mark68
04-28-2013, 04:32 PM
I pick the Fuel's because I like the classic, 5 spoke look on 1st gen camaros. I just placed on order for a set of the Battery's for my '68. Good luck with the car.

daveybtv
04-28-2013, 05:34 PM
Of the 2, Rated X would be my choice with matte black centers, polished hoops what size are you looking @?

blunt420
04-28-2013, 05:46 PM
18x8 18x9 I like the classic look of fuel too but I just can't decide I'm so torn I look at pics for hours on end torture Jason at Rushforth for days lol he's a cool dude tho probably the main reason I'm choosing Rushforth... I'm not sure if I want black centers or just get them polished first see how they look and I can always paint them later

blunt420
04-28-2013, 06:00 PM
This is killing me I just can't stop starting at them fuels with the black

daveybtv
04-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Jason is a cool guy, I did the same thing called him, emaild him , and looked @ every picture i could find on the net then I just went with my gut, and orderd the Super
Spokes, classic 5 spoke with a modern twist!

blunt420
04-28-2013, 06:16 PM
I hear ya he's got patience lol I like the super spokes too they were a contender but they got ruled out in the final 3 now its just down to the 2 with the fuels in the lead until I stare at the rated x some more then I'm back to square 1

blunt420
04-28-2013, 06:18 PM
I pick the Fuel's because I like the classic, 5 spoke look on 1st gen camaros. I just placed on order for a set of the Battery's for my '68. Good luck with the car.
Mark are you sticking with 17s again or going bigger are you stock underneath I've got BMR all the way around torque 4 link with coil overs

Mark68
04-28-2013, 06:57 PM
I'm going with 18s this time. Jason talked me into it. He said that with the dark centers that I'm going with, the larger wheels would look better. I'm going with his recommendation because I think that he's right. I have Detroit Speed lowering leaf springs in the rear and just cut the coil springs to lower the front and have QA1 adjustable shocks in all 4 corners. Other then that, I'm all stock. I can actually fit 10" wide wheels on the back without any rubbing.

blunt420
04-28-2013, 07:17 PM
You sure about the 10 I've read only a 10 would fit on a 69 but I'm also doing the same going with what Jason says right now he is god to me I'm putting my faith in god that's what I tell him haha

srh3trinity
04-28-2013, 07:38 PM
I always pick the Rated X, but the Fuel with that black finish would look cool on a car with black stripes.

Rhino
04-28-2013, 08:15 PM
My vote would be Rated X, with a dark center. I've never been a fan of fully polished wheels.

I have a similar wheel on my '68. I love the 10 spoke look on first gens.

Mark68
04-29-2013, 03:47 AM
You sure about the 10 I've read only a 10 would fit on a 69 but I'm also doing the same going with what Jason says right now he is god to me I'm putting my faith in god that's what I tell him haha

Believe me, I've gone around the horn with Jason to get the correct b.s. on these wheels and also pick the right size tires...but yes, the 10" wheels fit on the rear of my '68 without any rubbing issues. I think that the new QA1 adjustable shocks helped a lot too. I tuned them for just the right movement, where's there no rubbing isuues along with a pretty smooth ride. I too think that Jason is one cool dude who will jump through hoops to give you just what you're looking for in a quality wheel. I love his wheels and would never buy from anyone else!