PDA

View Full Version : Ridetech Shockwave TQ series

Poopy
04-28-2013, 10:43 AM
I'm having a hard time finding any performance testing on these, anybody see anything? Thinking I might go this route for my Volvo Amazon, I'm running some old AFCO coilovers with circle track valving now. One of the things I always read about with quality shocks is that the clicker adjustments actually work and show results on a shock dyno. Whereas cheap foreign tuner shocks have clickers that don't do much other than look cool. How do the Ridetechs rate? If I don't go air, I am leaning towards just the ridetech coilovers too. ;)

marolf101x
04-28-2013, 11:24 AM
There are dyno graphs out there in cyber land somewhere.
However, I can post new ones up tomorrow when I'm in the shop.

You will not be disappointed!

If you don't like what we have we can re-valve them to your specs.
Or we can get you a re-valve kit and you can do it yourself.

Poopy
04-28-2013, 11:49 AM
That's what I was hoping to hear. ;)

SR71
04-28-2013, 12:42 PM
best money I have spent on my suspension (and I have spent alot!). they are the best bang for the buck out there in a high end shock.

Poopy
04-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Now the ongoing debate of air vs coil. That will be the hard choice.

Yelcamino
04-29-2013, 06:27 AM
I attached a .pdf graph showing the dyno curve of our TQ triple adjustable shock. It can be had in coil and air configurations.

Starting at full firm, the rebound, high speed compression, and low speed compression are turned clockwise all the way in. 4 clicks means all knobs were turned counter clockwise 4 clicks, then 8 clicks, etc.

Poopy
04-29-2013, 06:49 AM
Thanks Herb!

marolf101x
05-13-2013, 11:00 AM
The shocks in the coil over and Shockwave are exactly the same (though we do valve them differently for front or rear applications.)
You'll need a way to put air in the Shockwaves. You can use simple Schrader valves (like the old air shocks) and put air in once and be done. . .or you can get a compressor kit so you can adjust them.

One other option is that you can purchase coil springs and retainers and turn the Shockwaves into coil overs if the price is right on the Shockwaves.