PDA

View Full Version : Value advice for drivetrain and interior compnents (2006 GTO).

Tim john---
04-24-2013, 07:37 AM
Brand new member here and looking for some advice. This site came reccomended to me via Performance Years. I have an opportunity and they felt this would be the best place for advice for my current dilema.

Good morning all,

I have an opportunity to purchase a car that was in the process of a high end resto - mod / pro-touring project. I am more drawn to original than the modern drivetrains. This project has sat idle in a heated shop for the past four + years under covers. Although I have interest in the car itself and the original equipment, however the car comes with a 2006 LS GTO engine, transmission, all the electronics, computer, wiring, including the gas pedal (throttle by wire), shifter, GTO seats, etc... The drivetrain only has 3,000 original miles and was destined for this project but my intent would to go back with traditional engine and transmission. The problem being is that this opportuinty is a package deal, all or nothing and for me to go there I would need to sell the modern LS drivetrain as well as the GTO seats. Can you chime in with honest real world values on the forementioned items.

Reciepts from when the GTO drivetrain was purchased the current owner paid 9K for the LS drivetrain itself for the transplant & enhancements to the classic in question.

Current value of the following ?: Keep in mind 3,000 original miles.

GTO LS engine

LS GTO automatic transmission

GTO Shifter

Throttle by wire GTO gas pedal

GTO seats

GTO Disc brakes

GTO seat belts

Original computer (ECM)

Original wire harness

Misc. other items.

I will compile a detailed list this weekend for acuracy and value but I really need a ballpark figure before I go and start this process. If you can offer honest and realistic prices please do so for I need to take them into consideration before making my offer as a package deal. Thank You very much guys.

Tim john---