PDA

View Full Version : Email from today - how bad an area is this hotel in that security is needed?

So Cal Camaro
04-22-2013, 08:22 PM
I am driving my Camaro out to Illinois, not trailering out so leaving car at the track is not really an option, unless they are planning to shuttle us out to the track and back....How many people are planning to stay at the host hotel? Safety in numbers....Just curious...

mpozzi
04-23-2013, 06:24 PM
When I participated in this event a couple of years ago, I stayed at the Hampton Inn one off ramp away. It was nicer and felt safer (by observation). I think there's a couple other hotels near the Hampton Inn.

Mary Pozzi

Van B
04-23-2013, 06:34 PM
I am driving my Camaro out to Illinois, not trailering out so leaving car at the track is not really an option, unless they are planning to shuttle us out to the track and back....How many people are planning to stay at the host hotel? Safety in numbers....Just curious...

Last time we stayed there we did not have a problem. There were at least 15-20 very nice cars in the lot and I did not hear of any problems.

So Cal Camaro
04-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the replies, I made a back up reservation in the same location, different hotel, you indicated Mary and will see when I get out there which one looks better...if there are a lot of other people staying at the HI then that will work, kind of like the Power Tour.