PDA

View Full Version : Need firewall advice 67 camaro.. DSE, Idid it..

XLexusTech
04-22-2013, 03:56 PM
I am moving into the firewall work soon. I was Wondering if anyone could share some pics or ideas for the steering column and hydraulic clutch cylinder mounting. I am leading toward the DSE plate, and an Iditit column. I was curious if this is the right way to go or if their were better options for the clutch master mounting...

i was looking at the ATS plate but read it flex's excessively? As far as the column i was looking for a nice clean look, i noticed the DSE master mount kinda interferes with the stock steering column flange.. are their clean options for this as well

Thanks for any pics or advice..

tricktom1
08-09-2013, 04:44 PM
Ttt

jazz
08-09-2013, 06:57 PM
I think the dse is the same plate, just a copy of the ATS.

DD68SS
08-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Smoothed with DSE plate

sjaroslo
08-17-2013, 11:29 PM
If you can, DEFINITELY weld the plate to the firewall; my shop kind of hacked open the hole, bolted on the DSE plate, and called it a day. It will let in buckets of water, noise and heat.

Also, as an FYI, I'm finding that the rubber boot on my Wilwood master cylinder won't quite pass through the opening of the firewall when it is installed on the lip of the M/C; if you have access while smoothing, this might be a good thing to doublecheck.

Finally, since you have a 67, if you're planning on installing an AAW wire harness, you have to enlarge the fuse panel opening and drill new mounting holes, so you might want to tackle that now, too.