PDA

View Full Version : Autocross School in St. Louis

eric1967
04-22-2013, 08:02 AM
There is an autocross school in St. Louis May 4. If anyone is interested here is the website http://stlsolo.org/. I am going to go with my 67 Camaro. Maybe we can get some more American muscle threre. Thanks Eric

SSLance
04-23-2013, 09:23 AM
I did a SCCA Solo school last fall in Kansas City and learned a ton from it, it's well worth the time and expense.

Plus, I'm all for more Muscle cars invading the likes of the Minis and Miatas out there... Have fun.

Todd in Vancouver
04-23-2013, 10:01 AM
I did a SCCA Solo school last fall in Kansas City and learned a ton from it, it's well worth the time and expense.

Plus, I'm all for more Muscle cars invading the likes of the Minis and Miatas out there... Have fun.

Amen to that. Went to my first Autocross school this past weekend and I think every Miata within a 300 mile radius was there along with every BRZ/FRS as well. But, they are quick through the Autocross track

eric1967
04-23-2013, 02:44 PM

I am looking forward to it. I will let you guys know how it goes.

SSLance
05-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Hopefully the weather clears out for you guys for the weekend...sucks here in KC for the next day or so.

eric1967
05-02-2013, 02:35 PM
There is a chance for showers on Sat. Heavy rain on Fri. We had a class session on Mon. Lots of good info. I am sure we will get wet. I just hope for some dry time.

SSLance
05-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Well, how was it?

eric1967
05-07-2013, 04:16 PM
The weather turned out ok. The pavement was wet when I got there but no rain. Things dryed out for the most part. A few wet spots here & there. My instructor was great. He was very helpful with driving technique. They teach you to pick out the important cones in the turns & be looking ahead one or two turns ahead. This helps you get the car in position. I had a great time & learned alot. This was also the first time I autocrossed with the Ridetech uppers lowers coilovers & Trueturn. I could not be more pleased with how the car handled. It is very well balanced. I also learned about some more autocross events if anyone is interested. These are not SCCA but a local organization. Thanks Eric

Tony_SS
05-08-2013, 12:46 PM
Eric I was looking into that... sounded like fun.

SSLance
05-08-2013, 02:15 PM
It's a blast Tony, you really should give it a try.

Sounds like you had a good instructor Eric, that helps a ton. How'd he like driving your car? The instructor I had in the school last fall normally drives a Mini...he just kept on commenting on how much power my car had after his two runs in it.

eric1967
05-08-2013, 03:19 PM
The instructor would not drive it. He said he was scared of it. He had a nissaun 350z. He drove it & showed me a different line in the big sweeping turn. One of the other instrutors was out of town doing a road coarse school. He has experance with muscle cars. I am going to try to work with him at one of the local autocrosses. There is another guy who has an older Mustang. He has been autocrossing for 40 years. He is very helpful. I met several people who are more than willing to help. I cant wait for the next event.