PDA

View Full Version : Thank You

71RS/SS396
04-22-2013, 01:21 AM
I wanted to throw out a big thank you to DSE and ASCS for a fun, well run event. I had a blast and can't wait for next year.

Ron S
04-22-2013, 01:53 AM
I do love that track. I broke the car, blew a trailer tire on the way home, and still had a great weekend. Thank you to all who put it together, can't wait till next year.

Mike Holleman
04-22-2013, 03:58 AM
Same sentiments here. Had a great time. Love the high speed autox. As always, really enjoyed hanging with my PT buds. Thanks Kyle and Stacy.
Also, Bill, Yancy and Brian. Wish we could do it again next weekend.

Beach Cruiser
04-22-2013, 04:22 AM
What a great weekend! Thanks to all that made it happen, big thanks to Kyle for recomending some tunning tips on my car too. Congrats out to Mike for making the Big Show!
I was very suprised that nothing on my car broke as well, and overall very happy with the way it turned out after all those years of building her. Can't wait to do it again!

BuzzKillian
04-22-2013, 04:25 AM
Thanks to everyone that made the Southern Slam happen! DSE, ASCS, Jet Hot, Bill, Brian, Yancy just to name a few. Thanks to all the participants too, I enjoyed meeting sooo many people. Now, I can put some faces with the names.

Dan S.
04-22-2013, 06:02 AM
I do love that track. I broke the car, blew a trailer tire on the way home, and still had a great weekend. Thank you to all who put it together, can't wait till next year.

Did the motor survive?

tommycomfort
04-22-2013, 06:25 AM
We had a blast too! All of our friends and fast cars, what could go wrong with a great event like that!

protouring70
04-22-2013, 06:32 AM
It was a blast. As always I enjoy the hanging out with everyone as much as anything. We have a great group of FRIENDS here in this group. As i was helping put the timing devices on the windshields of cars I ran into a driver that had only been to one of the other events that we do, and he told me.....since I am one of the import guys and most of my events are with them I have really enjoyed being with this group. Everyone is super nice and NO ONE WALKS AROUND WITH A CHIP ON THERE SHOULDER! I told him this is how we ALL are, it doesn't matter how much money you got or what you drive we are all here to enjoy each other and having a great time!!!!!
So in a nut shell.......Thanks to everyone for being a great host and welcoming to whom ever you run across.

SparkyRnD
04-22-2013, 07:23 AM
Awesome event, and on my list of 'to do events' every year. Was great to put some faces with the names as well. Hopefully there will be more events with on-site camping too, as that was damn fun!

SkinsandJrfan
04-22-2013, 10:04 AM
I will be there every year they have something there. If the good lords willing I will be home from ass-crack-Istan in time for next years. Even tho I couldn't run on Sunday, I had a great time. Even met some cool people along the way.

Beach Cruiser
04-22-2013, 12:22 PM
Cool people always bring the biggest cooler! LOL, All of the above from me too! Great event, Awesome people and a really fun time! I'll be back again on Street tires!

71RS/SS396
04-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Same sentiments here. Had a great time. Love the high speed autox. As always, really enjoyed hanging with my PT buds. Thanks Kyle and Stacy.
Also, Bill, Yancy and Brian. Wish we could do it again next weekend.

Mike, since I didn't see you before you left, congrats on the OUSCI invite, it couldn't be more deserved.

Ron S
04-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Did the motor survive?

The engine was flawless, but Saturday on the road course the clutch started slipping when I hit high gear, causing the trans to lock in gear. Then Sunday I got up to find the car with the clutch not disengaging, kept me from away from the Autox.

The weekend was still a great one, good racing, with friends. Congrats Mike!

GeoffP
04-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Yep, it's all been said - it was a great event and I too thank you all for putting it on! This years event really came together for me - I met SO many people and my car is really starting to work good (new parts helped a LOT). As I told several guys over the weekend, "Now I've just got to learn how to drive" so I really need to get some seat time. Thanks again to DSE and ASCS - you guys are great and I look forward to this event next year! One last thing that feels weird to me is that CMP is the closest venue to me at 2 and a half hours. The weird thing is hearing others saying they had to drive hours and hours when usually I'm the one driving 4-5 hours to get to any event! :)

Edit - it was a neat surprise to get Mark Stielow's Pro Touring Engineered Performance book in the goodie bag!!! I didn't open my bag until I got home so it was like I got my own award when I opened up the bag!!! My wife thought I'd lost it when cause I almost hollered when I pulled it out.

GNon18s
04-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Last year leaving this event I had a truck tire go down and this year Jason's trailer lost two tires! I'm thinking the haul from S. Carolina to MD/PA is hard on tires!

GNon18s
04-22-2013, 05:38 PM
The engine was flawless, but Saturday on the road course the clutch started slipping when I fit high gear causing the trans to lock in gear. Then Sunday I got up to find the car with the clutch not disengaging, kept me from away from the Autox.

The weekend was still a great one, good racing, with friends. Congrats Mike!I felt the clutch flare up in fourth going down that back stretch. I guess its better than a broken trans. Is the clutch hydraulic? Could it be blead?

Ron S
04-22-2013, 06:45 PM
I felt the clutch flare up in fourth going down that back stretch. I guess its better than a broken trans. Is the clutch hydraulic? Could it be blead?

No, I wish it was. I felt something smack my clutch foot really hard when you were in the car on the back straight. A spring or something must have broke in there, its funny when I went to load the car to leave it released. I guess I'll see when I get it apart.

dunnjun
04-23-2013, 11:08 AM
What a fantastic event! Thanks Kyle and Stacy/ DSE, Tim and Cheryle/Jet Hot, Richard and AJ/ BFG, and the ASCS guys, I had a blast. Congrats Mike on the invitation, well deserved. This track was so much fun! At most tracks I have two or three sections that I really enjoy, but at the Carolina Motorsport Park, the whole track was like an amusement park ride. You just can't beat getting to hang out with such a great bunch of people, while getting to thunder around in your car! Thanks everyone, that's what I call a perfect weekend!

Mike Holleman
04-24-2013, 05:01 AM
Thanks Tim. It was certainly a surprise. I've got way more questions than answers about what the OUSCI deal will mean. Lot's of planning and prep. I'll try to get by Jet Hot soon. I have a couple of VIR events over the next few weeks.
Mike, since I didn't see you before you left, congrats on the OUSCI invite, it couldn't be more deserved.