PDA

View Full Version : new to site

70staged
04-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Hello all. I am new to the site. However I am not new to working on cars. Use to do collision work a few years ago now I do it as a side project. My car that I am working on for myself is a 1970 Buick Skylark. My plan for the car is as follows
Drivetrain- Keep the 455 in it but rebuild it with a pair of Stage 2 heads and headers, install an auto overdrive trans, and keep the Olds 10 bolt rear
Brakes- 4 wheel LS1 disc brakes
Suspension- fronts will probably be UMI upper and lower control arms. Rears will be HR Parts & Stuff upper and lower arms with one of there rear sway bars.
Rims I plan on using will be 17x8 in front with 18x10 in rear
If you have any suggestions let me know

SRD art
04-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Love the color. That looks like a great game plan. What would it look like if you got back in photoshop and dropped it a couple inches?

Welcome to the forum.

rustomatic
04-21-2013, 05:46 PM
I just saw a convertible GS of the same vintage and color the other day--it was a beautiful car! I've always loved the Buick GS of this type/year; it's subtle, but beastly. When I was 19, I got to drive a 4-speed model for a few minutes (kind of light navy blue/Magnum 500s), as a benefit of working at a body shop; I'm 37, and the thing stayed with me.

My vote for wheel sizes is always for the same size at each corner; if you really drive the car, and it's not a Porsche or a Ferrari (rear-engine/rear-drive), it's nice to be able to rotate the donuts (and avoid weird handling issues). Leave rake setting to the organization of your suspension parts.

On a less cool note, I used to have a Nissan 350Z of a similar color; it had the least manly name possible: LeMans Sunset. Make of this what you will...

SparkyRnD
04-23-2013, 05:09 PM
welcome, and cool a-body concept

Racerxtx
04-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Welcome! Always great to see another Buick project on the board.