PDA

View Full Version : Electric Vacum Pump

PRO TC
08-17-2005, 07:55 PM
has anyone used one? summit sells two different pumps just wondering how well thay work and are thay noisey? also if your using one where did you mount it.

pro tc

1bluaddict
08-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Read my post about it and you will find some usefull info, enjoy Claude.

derekf
08-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Here's the post Claude is referring to:

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9301

WELTERRACER
08-18-2005, 12:17 PM
The part number is obsolete acording to GM.. (just called them)

IF you could find the part in a junk yard (i doubt it) you would be taking a chance on wheather or not it will acutally work , or for how long!

Even if you could get a GM pump, it costs $300, the two vacume pumps offered by Summit only cost $279-$329 depending on the model!

Anyone else on here know how noisy they are??

1bluaddict
08-18-2005, 04:41 PM
I was just at the junk yard and I found both the vacum pump setup and also the GM hydro boost setup all it needs is a rebuild kit and I am in business. Junkyards must be crappy in your area as I have several Pick-A-Parts to choose from. Just putting out some ideas so you do what works best for you I am a junkyard dog from way back. I am always trying to find a way to save a buck you know with 2 kids in college and another starting next year. Money is a thing I don't seem to have alot of anymore I am making sure my kids get thru college so maybe they can support dear old dad someday ( I'm dreaming:lol: oh well ). Do what works for you, Enjoy Claude. By the way GM trucks have the hydro-boost setup also:spank2: what do ya know!