PDA

View Full Version : 1st gen carbon parts yay or nay?

68vert
04-16-2013, 01:19 PM
THIS IS NOT A BASH ANVIL THREAD. Just looking for feedback please.

I called up Anvil to order some carbon pieces for my 1st gen/ check on back order status last week. The response I got was that they are looking for a new source to produce parts from their molds, due to quality issues with current supplier. Afterwards, I talked to a couple older hot rod guys that said their parts might look good in magazines, but are horrible in person.

Any feedback out there will be greatly appreciated. thank you!

Any other options for 1st gen carbon parts?

2yellow69
04-16-2013, 02:51 PM
If Matt at Anvil would donate a hood, header, and cowl panel to me I'd be more than happy to let you know how they look! I bet Matt has never heard that offer before! (Just in case, my car is a '69 Camaro:)) As to your question: I know I've read a lot of posts here from guys saying they love their new Anvil parts. Only wish I had first hand experience.

mikey
04-16-2013, 08:36 PM
THIS IS NOT A BASH ANVIL THREAD. Just looking for feedback please.

I called up Anvil to order some carbon pieces for my 1st gen/ check on back order status last week. The response I got was that they are looking for a new source to produce parts from their molds, due to quality issues with current supplier. Afterwards, I talked to a couple older hot rod guys that said their parts might look good in magazines, but are horrible in person

Any feedback out there will be greatly appreciated. thank you!

Any other options for 1st gen carbon parts?

What are you looking for we are making a few parts and looking to maybe expand

68vert
04-17-2013, 06:11 AM
What are you looking for we are making a few parts and looking to maybe expand

Gloss carbon cowl induction hood, gloss trunk, gloss cowl panel, and gloss rear spoiler

pro-touring.no
04-17-2013, 09:29 AM
I have the deep tub inerfender from anvil on my 70 and they looks good exept from that i dont think they fit as good as they should around the upper conrolarm the opening is to fare back.. But they looks very good..

mikey
04-20-2013, 07:08 PM
We have a custom 3 piece spoiler (2 different styles) I designed and are working on the other parts

XLexusTech
04-21-2013, 05:39 AM
Mikey, i have a valance i have been building, a 67 with the 69 lights. Its different then what others offer.. would you consider making a valance from it and you could keep the mold :-)

raustinss
04-21-2013, 11:46 AM
I ordered a 100% gloss carbon trunk lid for my chevelle I haven't tried to fit it on the car but I will say it was suppose to be a belm trunk...mm have looked this thing over top and bottom and can't find any blemishes, I would have no problem and plan on getting more products from anvil...the gang over there was and is awesome to deal with. I highly recommend them

mikey
04-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Mikey, i have a valance i have been building, a 67 with the 69 lights. Its different then what others offer.. would you consider making a valance from it and you could keep the mold :-)

Send me some pics so we can get a idea of what it would cost us to do the molds ect. and see if it's something we could get our investment back on and hopefully a profit in the future

Blevinator
04-24-2013, 07:45 PM
I have a 1968 Camaro:
lower valance (fiberglass\carbon fiber gloss)
header panel (fiberglass\carbon fiber gloss)
cowl hood (fiberglass\carbon fiber gloss)
cowl panel (fiberglass\carbon fiber gloss)
trunk panel(fiberglass\carbon fiber gloss)
rear spoiler(fiberglass\carbon fiber gloss)

I am very particular on the fitment.

All fit very well. The carbon fiber side is pretty flawless.
The painted side does have some pits\runs on all panels.
Nothing final body filling and sanding wont fix though.
I did have a spoiler that came in with a funny stretch in the weave.
Anvil had it picked up at no cost to me and replaced it right away with a perfect one,
no issues.
They are good people to work with.
Had to place my order and wait, but was very worth it!

CHUCKIE
04-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Make any 67 firebird parts?

hotwheels
04-27-2013, 08:28 PM
We are going to start making a lot of our popular parts using the pre-preg fabric cured in an autoclave only. This will make these parts lighter and more stable. The Anvil Mustang won the Best of Show award from Ford at SEMA 2010 and our parts still fit the same as then. I don't think Ford would give that award to a car with poor fitting parts. Hood warpage is usually caused by a lot of engine compartment heat in conjunction with hood springs putting constant pressure on a hood when closed.

68vert
05-02-2013, 07:01 PM
We are going to start making a lot of our popular parts using the pre-preg fabric cured in an autoclave only. This will make these parts lighter and more stable. The Anvil Mustang won the Best of Show award from Ford at SEMA 2010 and our parts still fit the same as then. I don't think Ford would give that award to a car with poor fitting parts. Hood warpage is usually caused by a lot of engine compartment heat in conjunction with hood springs putting constant pressure on a hood when closed.

Hey Matt, thanks for chiming in. Whats the time frame on some 1st gen parts?

hotwheels
05-02-2013, 07:09 PM
We should have our first batch of all pre-preg hoods and trunk lids and rear spoilers in the next 8-10 weeks. These pre-prg parts are not only for 100% carbon, but also for carbon/fiberglass and all fiberglass parts. Prices will be the same as what's currently on our web site.

daredvl22
05-03-2013, 03:55 AM
Matt,

Any chance of a special package deal (IE) hood, deck lid and spoiler, for those interested in 1st batch of the pre-preg units?

hotwheels
05-04-2013, 12:01 PM
We still have our 10% off on 3 or more parts deal, but that will come to an end once we get our new web site up and running, so now is the time to order parts or pre-order parts that we have coming soon!

68vert
05-04-2013, 06:23 PM
thanks Matt, sent you a PM

daredvl22
05-10-2013, 04:13 AM
Contacted ANVil and spoke with Manal. She took great care of me and I'm looking forward to the new parts. I'll be sure to post some pics when they arrive.

Tom Welch
05-11-2013, 06:35 AM
I purchased their firewall cover in fiberglass, it fits almost perfect, looks great, I cannot find a downside to Anvil.

Buryingthesun
05-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Will the 67 camaro vent panel work on a 67 firebird?

hotwheels
05-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Will the 67 camaro vent panel work on a 67 firebird?

If you mean the cowl panel, then no, the Firebird is different.

ROBS6T8
05-27-2013, 11:27 AM
I also ordered some parts (interior) from Tracy and am looking forward to receiving them. Hopefully only a month left! lol

68vert
07-05-2013, 06:55 AM
While on vacation, I was near Anvil and so stopped by. Manel showed me some of their parts. Just wanted to give you an update to say they look awesome. I cant wait till things get moving again.