PDA

View Full Version : Refacing a speedometer.

Samckitt
08-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Long story short: 86 Monte has mechanical speedo, 95 T56 trans has only electronic, but I want to keep the factory Monte look. So I have an electronic speedo head from a late 80's Trans Am / Firebird that measures 120, same as the Monte, but the angle from 0 - 120 is different. Where can I get a new speedo face made to fit the Monte faceplate? Or get a different electronic head to fit in the existing speedo face?
Thankd,
Scot

Jagarang
08-18-2005, 04:18 AM
I had a full set of 1970 SS Chevelle gauges restored and refaced to factory specs by these guys....

http://dandmrestoration.home.mindspring.com/
46 Grand Ave. Greenville, SC 29607
[email protected]

They are perfect and the customer service good. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. They offered to make me special sweep gauges and to put them in my factory carrier. I didn't do it but they were obviously willling and capable.

Samckitt
08-18-2005, 01:17 PM
I would like to just replace all of the gauges with aftermarket ones, that are easier to read & brighter than factory, but I haven't been able to find ones that are small enough to fit in the center 4 (oil pres, temp, fuel, & alt). If I could find ones that are about 1-5/8" to the outsides of the bezels, I could probably make it work.
Scot