PDA

View Full Version : 4th Annual Midwest Musclecar Challenge 2013 Update

MarkB
04-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Well guys, I hate to do this.. Our lovely government (FAA) has stepped in and decided that due to shutting the ruways that they must charge for a daily fee. I went to the airport board meeting on 04/09/13 to try and plead our case and fight it, but they are too greedy. They want to charge way too much, in fact enough that we could rent a road course. So I have had to make the official decison to elminate the road course and speed stop challenge. The Midwest Muclecar Challenge will consist of two days of autocross. The long challenging course is always a blast, you will have plenty of runs that will wear you and possibly your car out.. Anyone who has already signed up and would like a refund due to the change this late will be supported. This is a tough deal, we do our best to keep this event going and thought we had everything going so smooth, and then the FAA decided to get greedy. Anyone who has been here knows as well as I do, there is no way that they are loosing any money with us shutting down one of the two runways. If there is 2-3 planes a day I would be surprised. But that is our goverment, always have their hands out for money from the little guys.... Oh well as long as everyone doesn't cancel we will push on and make this the best that we can and ensure we put an event on that will put a smile on eveyones face! Thanks for everyone that helps us keep this event alive and for all of the support.

4th Annual Midwest Musclecar Challenge
Presented by:
Royal Purple, Bowler Performance, Mothers & Phantom-Products

Its time to get your hotrod out and head to the Mid-American Air Center for the 4th Annual Midwest Musclecar Challenge. This is the longest running and best driving event in the Midwest. We put this event together for the participants, with as much track time as you can handle, autocross instructional by great drivers, cool gifts, chance to win unique custom made trophies, a chance to show your skills to win cash, good food and great people, better yet it's all for a good cause, as we donate proceeds to the Lawrence County United Cancer Society Wig Bank. This year we are going to have two full days of autocross fun. Open to any domestic model year vehicle. The event will be run on May 25th & 26th at the Mid-American Air Center, located in Lawrenceville, Illinois.

This event is a BFGoodrich Team T/A contingency series! The high horsepower fun will begin on Saturday with the Forgeline Wheels Challenge autocross. The Orange Cone Racing autocross will be held on Sunday. Test your suspension and push your tires to the ragged edge on the never boring and always pleasing long distance autocross courses. The SCCA never disappoints at the Mid-American Air Center when setting up a one-of-a-kind course that will thrill both the drivers and spectators and push the entries to the edge of performance. Each day will be a unique and difference course. We are going to be having a contest this year called Are you Faster Than Paul Paul Dornburg from the SCCA will be having a contest to see if anyone is faster than him on the autocross! Chance to win cash, if you think you are faster than Paul. Details will be given at the event.

The SCCA will be giving free instructions from 9 -11 each day to those who would like to learn more about handling an autocross course (times will not be recorded while with an instructor). We will have food available as always and the event should be fun for everyone, even if you're just coming out to spectate. After all of the fun on the course, we will load up and take a small cruise to a spot to relax and share stories.

Registration is open and will be limited to the first 60 entries. Entry fee is $150 beforeApril 30th and will be $175 the day of the event.

Sponsored By: Royal Purple, Forgeline Wheels, Orange Cone Racing, PCS, BFGoodrich, Phantom-Products, Mothers', Jet Hot & Bowler Performance

Go to www.orangeconeracing.com to register online.
Entry includes one vehicle and driver for each event. Spectators are welcome and free!
Go To www.midwestmusclecarchallenge.com for more details.

Mark -G-
04-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Keep up the good work Mark. If people have been to MMC or Day at the Strip they will know its still WAY worth it! I'm looking forward to the Fun and Family atmosphere! :smoke:

shmoov69
04-14-2013, 08:28 PM
Well stink!! I hate that Mark (as I'm sure you do too!!).
I'm not positive if we art going to make it anyway cause the car is still dead and I've been coming home after work and on the weekends and playing with the kids instead of working on the car. I may be backing away from the "thrashing" on the car all the time so I can spend time with the kids instead. Somehow I've figured out that it will always be there (and probably broke, LOL!!) but they will be getting older and I don't want to "loose" that opportunity.

But that being said.... I might thrash on it one weekend and get it together and show up!!! LOL

Bad94
04-15-2013, 04:44 AM
Mark i still plan on coming. I need seat time.

tommycomfort
04-25-2013, 04:25 AM
We're in with both cars. The autocross there is flat out awesome and Mark is right about just flat wearing drivers out. Haven't worn our cars out yet, but there is always a first time.

So, I registered a while back on Orange Cone Racing but just paid our money. How is it that a fantastic event like this only has 16 folks registered? Get with it people!!! Deb and Kaytlin will bring extra cookies and we'll give rides all day in the wagon and 66!

Bad94
04-25-2013, 05:56 AM
We're in with both cars. The autocross there is flat out awesome and Mark is right about just flat wearing drivers out. Haven't worn our cars out yet, but there is always a first time.

So, I registered a while back on Orange Cone Racing but just paid our money. How is it that a fantastic event like this only has 16 folks registered? Get with it people!!! Deb and Kaytlin will bring extra cookies and we'll give rides all day in the wagon and 66!

I just havent signed up yet.

Tom you will be driving mine to give me a update.

Oh yea, I will bring extra fuel. I plan to kill a tank or two.

tommycomfort
04-25-2013, 06:10 AM
I just havent signed up yet.

Tom you will be driving mine to give me a update.

Oh yea, I will bring extra fuel. I plan to kill a tank or two.

If I could figure out how to use the faces app I would do the one with the evil grin. I'd love to drive it, but there are probably folks way better suited to do it than I. (I still want to drive it though!)

Bad94
04-25-2013, 08:57 AM
If I could figure out how to use the faces app I would do the one with the evil grin. I'd love to drive it, but there are probably folks way better suited to do it than I. (I still want to drive it though!)

Signed up and sent payment.

But tom your the only person who has driven the car before all the changes.

MarkB
05-01-2013, 08:11 AM
Hey guys! We are getting close and as you know our price of $150 for both days ended yesterday and was going to $175, but we have decided to extend the deadline to May 13th. Tom, thanks for the kind words and trying to get others to sign up. I agree, it is discouraging to see only 18 signed up, but I know many just show up the day of the event. No matter if we have 18 or 80 cars we are going to have a great event, it is all good. I am looking forward to it! The ones that don't sign up are just missing out.

As many of you all know, we try and do what we can to make this a great event. I assure you for $150 you will not get any better return for your investment..

Here is what you get for your money.

- Event entry for one vehicle for both days
- Experienced SCCA drivers to give you pointers, driving tips and instructional drving on the actual course
- An autocross course like no other, a different course each day
- Chances to win prizes worth more than $150
- Chance to win custom CNC machined trophies by Bowler (http://www.bowlertransmissions.com) / Phantom-Products (http://www.phantom-products.com)
- An event T-Shirt
- Family style fun, relaxed enviroment. Fun for everyone!
- We even feed you one meal
- Plus it is for a good cause. We donate the proceeds back to the Lawrence County Wig Bank & Cancer Resouce Center (https://www.facebook.com/LawrenceCountyCancerResourceCenterWigBank?fref=ts) .

We know there are many events to choose from and more being added, which is exciting and we want to support all of them. We are in our 4th year and are proud to be able to continue this event.

Special thanks to these sponsors for their continued support: Royal Purple (http://www.royalpurple.com), Forgeline Wheels (http://www.forgeline.com), Mothers Polish (http://www.mothers.com), Jet Hot (http://www.jethot.com), Orange Cone Racing (http://www.orangeconeracing.com),PCS (http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com), Bowler Performance (http://www.bowlertransmissions.com) and BFGoodrich Tires (http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com).

Thank you to all that are already signed up and that have supported this event since the beginning! Please spread the word.

Please like Midwest Musclecar Challenge on Facebook! (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Midwest-Musclecar-Challenge/141447479270806?fref=ts)

Go to Orange Cone Racing (http://www.orangeconeracing.com) to sign up today!

BuzzKillian
05-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Signed up and payment sent... I can't seem to find the airfield though. Can someone send me directions... I'll be coming west on I-70. Thanks.

MarkB
05-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Mike,

Glad you signed up, we look forward to having you at the event. There is a couple options. You can take 70 to 41 South towards Vincennes, IN, then take Highway 50 West to the Mid-American Air Center exit, turn right and follow the road out to the air center. Or you can take 70 to Route 1 South to Highway 50, go east on Highway 50 to the Mid-American Air Center exit, turn left and follow the road out to the air center.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for supporting the event.

Mark

BuzzKillian
05-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Thanks, Mark...

I have a tip for anyone else searching for things on the internet... Spell it correctly.

I'm looking forward to making some new friends, and getting some more seat time.

silvermonte
05-03-2013, 01:56 PM
This will be my first event that I will be a participant in. What would be in the list of things that I should bring. Would one of the larger square canopy things to park the car under be worth buying and and then a few chairs to sit in the shade if there is some down time be a good idea? Ill be bringing the car on an open trailer but anything that i can throw in the bed of the truck is fair game to bring along. Any ideas would be helpful to lessen the learning curve.

BuzzKillian
05-04-2013, 11:22 AM
I try to take shade to any event I go to. Most parking lots or air fields don't have much in the way of shelter. Water... you need to stay hydrated.

Sunblock (I forget this often and the 2nd day is painful)

Some tools, Tire Gauge, Any fluids you think your car might need.

I always try to make sure I have enough gas in the car at the beginning of the day. It sucks when you're having a good run ,then the car sputters.

I haven't been to a lot of events, but these are things I have learned to have to make the weekend more enjoyable.

silvermonte
05-05-2013, 06:20 AM
i hadnt thought about gas, i doubt i would use an entire tank over the weekend, but my plan is to just bring the basic tools for the car with a jack, and then fluids for the car and me and then some sort of canopy for shade, and a few chairs, i just wasnt sure if there was anything else that i should bring and the sunblock is a good idea i wouldnt of thought of that

Bad94
05-06-2013, 04:55 AM
i hadnt thought about gas, i doubt i would use an entire tank over the weekend, but my plan is to just bring the basic tools for the car with a jack, and then fluids for the car and me and then some sort of canopy for shade, and a few chairs, i just wasnt sure if there was anything else that i should bring and the sunblock is a good idea i wouldnt of thought of that

Bring extra fuel. With the amount of people signed up we should(are) going to get a ton of runs in.

shmoov69
05-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Well, the car is still in pieces.....!! Not looking good at this point.

So Cal Camaro
05-16-2013, 09:04 PM
Getting closer...should be a great time...can't believe only 19 cars are entered....

tommycomfort
05-19-2013, 10:50 AM
We're pumped for the event! We also registered Sam in our 66 and made our hotel reservation today. Can't wait!

eric1967
05-20-2013, 09:22 AM
We already have plans, but I wish I could be there.

Bad94
05-20-2013, 12:42 PM
This weekend should be fun. I know we are going to get a bunch of runs in.

If you have a pop up tent bring it you will need some shade.

tommycomfort
05-20-2013, 12:59 PM
We're thinking about another canopy and possibly bringing our generator and some fans since my whole family will be coming to hang out and get some rides. Need to check the forecast...

shmoov69
05-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Well suck. Car still dead and no time to get it going. Made all the others and wish that I could, but not gonna happen.
Have a blast guys!!
Jimmy

pharmd
05-23-2013, 05:25 PM
Hate to hear that Jimmy, wish you coulda made it.

shmoov69
05-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Yours going strong again?

silvermonte
05-24-2013, 08:03 AM
For those of you that are bringing you car on a trailer in tonight on friday, on saturday morning are you just leaving the car on the trailer and bringing it to the event or are you unloading it and just bringing the car? I wont be getting to the hotel till about midnight tonight and was wondering what the best way to do things is.

tommycomfort
05-24-2013, 08:11 AM
We plan to just leave our wagon on the trailer and unload it once we get to the airfield. We'll be driving the 66 of course.

So Cal Camaro
05-24-2013, 04:23 PM
I just noticed that in Vincennes, I lost another hour as now on eastern time, and when I checked Lawrenceville is still central time, so 8am start is actually 7:00am if your staying in Vincennes...

pharmd
05-24-2013, 07:22 PM
Yours going strong again?

Well I don't want to jinx myself, but yeah with a fresh 408 LSX making a little over 500rwhp. I need to work out some kinks with tire rub and I have a few parts I still need to install, but all in all pretty good shape...However, it very much needs a driver mod :-)

shmoov69
05-24-2013, 08:36 PM
Good to hear!! Just take it easy BEFORE you get to the event!! Beat on it once you are in!!! LOL!!
Have fun guys! Looks like it will be PERFECT weather!! Was pretty hot a couple years ago and certainly warm enough last year!

pharmd
05-25-2013, 05:36 PM
Good to hear!! Just take it easy BEFORE you get to the event!! Beat on it once you are in!!! LOL!!
Have fun guys! Looks like it will be PERFECT weather!! Was pretty hot a couple years ago and certainly warm enough last year!

Trailering it there :-)