PDA

View Full Version : I know I will get flamed on this...Mustangs always seem to lose

qnitro
04-10-2013, 03:20 PM
So, I watch every week, and is it me or does it seem like the older mustangs always get beat?? Im not sure if its the drivers :) or the cars... Im not a Ford guy or a Chevy guy or a Dodge Guy I own all 3 brands(Viper, Gt500 Z06), Im an American car guy.. But why cant I see at least one win with the older Mustangs(in round 2), Seems like the import guys always kick there butts, can we get the new Detroit speed Mustang out there or the Maier Racing boys out there to show them import fella's we drive AmeriCAN cars

badazz81z28
04-10-2013, 04:14 PM
So, I watch every week, and is it me or does it seem like the older mustangs always get beat?? Im not sure if its the drivers :) or the cars... Im not a Ford guy or a Chevy guy or a Dodge Guy I own all 3 brands(Viper, Gt500 Z06), Im an American car guy.. But why cant I see at least one win with the older Mustangs(in round 2), Seems like the import guys always kick there butts, can we get the new Detroit speed Mustang out there or the Maier Racing boys out there to show them import fella's we drive AmeriCAN cars

The show is rigged for entertainment. Some of those imports are fast and good around the corners, but blow-outs make for boring TV. I watched the last episode too, you could so tell the DSE Camaro was monsterous compared to the S2000, yet they stayed close through out.

Also of note, the mustangs don't have the power level as the other cars and still sporting old school engine. An all aluminum LS7 will whoop all day long on an iron SBF.

Slick68
04-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Also of note, the mustangs don't have the power level as the other cars and still sporting old school engine. An all aluminum LS7 will whoop all day long on an iron SBF.

That's why Jon Kaase designed these. http://www.jonkaaseracingengines.com/component/content/article/231-kaase-p-38-heads.html

72BBSwinger
04-10-2013, 04:45 PM
I think the Gateway guys either over drive or take one for the team every week.

qnitro
04-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Im with you

I think the Gateway guys either over drive or take one for the team every week.

Todd in Vancouver
04-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Maybe I'm naive but I truely believe that the guys are not fixing the races for entertainment. Maybe some of you you will chuckle at me but when they've stated that they are running the cars flat out I believe them. I understand that the Mustangs have some stuff done to them but honestly I've never been impressed with the 4.6L and on the very short track I just thing some of the imports are able to get'em before the finish line. On a longer track maybe the Ponies would get the advantage but it takes a Bowie to put them to rest.

Rod
04-10-2013, 09:39 PM
I think its some for entertainment and some real racing, I will say that last week I went to Adams Motorsports park to run practice laps and they were having a Honda Shoot out night and I was the fastest one there in my 68 camaro on street tires, except one crazy Civic on gumballs and our times were within tenths of each others

silvermonte
04-10-2013, 10:27 PM
I would say for the most part its real racing, but ive noticed a few spots where it was set up for entertainment. What comes to mind is the episode with the mini,when the lady wins the first time right before for the finish you can see the other car put on the brakes to let her win. Either it was a horrible camera angle or they wanted a lady to get on the show, either way it was fun to see the trucks race later in the show, and I would of thought the raptor would of done better then it did.

srh3trinity
04-11-2013, 06:41 AM
I haven't paid close enough attention to tell, but it seems like different guys drive different cars all the time. I don't have a ton of driving experience, but from other sports I know that if you change your gear up, it can impact performance.

DRJDVM's '69
04-11-2013, 08:12 AM
Well you can point the finger at the car.... Or at the drivers..... Just because a shop can build a nice car doesn't mean they have any driving skills.....

Bad ass car with weak driver is almost always going to lose to a mediocre car with a bad ass driver.... People discount how important the driver is.....

srh3trinity
04-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Well you can point the finger at the car.... Or at the drivers..... Just because a shop can build a nice car doesn't mean they have any driving skills.....

Bad ass car with weak driver is almost always going to lose to a mediocre car with a bad ass driver.... People discount how important the driver is.....
I can think of many people on this board that have beaten up on some top notch builds with cars that had less technology and fancy parts because they could drive. Eddie Van Halen would still be able to wale on a thrift store guitar, but I can buy his equipment and not sound like him.

Todd in Vancouver
04-11-2013, 06:32 PM
Before I can say crap about how any others drive on the show or any events I attend its probably best I work on my own driving first. I have no idea how well others on this forum drive but I'm sure all of said drivers are perfect at what they do and have piles of trophies and acilades for their driving skills.

What I can say for sure is, Thanks to all those who do drive on the show for giving me some great entertainment on Monday evenings. I look forward to meeting and racing some of you in the future as I continue to improve my own driving skills. And, thanks for letting me see some awesome cars on TV!

qnitro
04-11-2013, 09:20 PM
Shoot, these guys are all great drivers, I think this is Obvious (I will stick to holding there umbrella's on the grid)....I just want a mustang to win one :) no matter who is driving..

Slick68
04-12-2013, 04:15 AM
Before I can say crap about how any others drive on the show or any events I attend its probably best I work on my own driving first. I have no idea how well others on this forum drive but I'm sure all of said drivers are perfect at what they do and have piles of trophies and acilades for their driving skills.

What I can say for sure is, Thanks to all those who do drive on the show for giving me some great entertainment on Monday evenings. I look forward to meeting and racing some of you in the future as I continue to improve my own driving skills. And, thanks for letting me see some awesome cars on TV!

Well said! I agree.

ff5013
04-13-2013, 06:15 AM
I'm a GM guy and like to see them (GM CARS) win, but I would love too see a Mustang or Dodge win the big race at the end sometime.

shmoov69
04-16-2013, 08:19 PM
I was disappointed to never see the challenger run. I was looking forward to that.

Finch
04-17-2013, 06:53 PM
One thing I can tell you is that the round 2 qualifier races were never thrown to allow the Import to win. They were all out and the outcome is what the outcome is. Win or lose in the second round one of the Imports is going to the final race.

Mr.VENGEANCE
04-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Yea finch, I saw a few moments where you were dusting those guys.... then... magically.. you lose.

round one stuff i guess..

Jok3r
04-20-2013, 12:13 AM
i think a new 5.0 stang would do well in this. lets see em in a second season!!

Also I cant imagine the side by side races are rigged. these guys are car guys that love to use and push their cars to really see what they can do. im sure they are just as curious to see how one car will pitch against another car as the viewers are. even if the racers themselves were getting crazy gobbs of of money to race i dont think they would take a dive or mess with their own pride and race reputation. again these guys have to be real car enthusiasts, the racers enjoy the results as much as everyone else, probably more.
btw. i love the show! kudos to the drivers! never really thought i would get to say this, but wassup finch! 2nd gens rule!

d15b7
04-20-2013, 11:42 AM
I really REALLY wanted to run against Finch or Tucker in the 70-1/2 Camaro or the 77 TransAm. I was so looking forward to that (yes I'm a racer at heart, and the excitement of the race is one of the biggest things in my life!). I needed about 5 more freakin' minutes out of that old engine!!!! :(

I'd have given them a GOOD run for the $10k.

badazz81z28
04-21-2013, 06:24 PM

I agree with you, but the "red-necks" were not amateur racers. All of them are highly experienced professionals...well....except for 1 or two....we know who they were lol...Brian stated it in a post a couple months ago...What fun is it to have one car beat the snot out of the other? He's right, that is not entertainment. I almost like to see this show turn into "Pros vs Joes".

These $$$$k+ pro-touring cars haul and they do have kick azz drivers.

qnitro
04-25-2013, 01:48 PM
I saw your car, didnt it explode on the finish line?? It was pretty quick..

I really REALLY wanted to run against Finch or Tucker in the 70-1/2 Camaro or the 77 TransAm. I was so looking forward to that (yes I'm a racer at heart, and the excitement of the race is one of the biggest things in my life!). I needed about 5 more freakin' minutes out of that old engine!!!! :(

I'd have given them a GOOD run for the $10k.