PDA

View Full Version : windows 8 blows

theman3
04-07-2013, 07:06 AM
it sucks,full of bugs,freezes all the time

Jim Nilsen
04-08-2013, 05:16 PM
I just got a new computer and had to pay $40 more to get windows 7 but it sounds like it was worth it. The IT guy at work warned me about windows 8 locking up because it is set up for touch screens and I wouldn't b using a touch screen and there you get your lock up .

Jim Nilsen
04-08-2013, 05:19 PM
I just got a new computer and had to pay $40 more to get windows 7 but it sounds like it was worth it. The IT guy at work warned me about windows 8 locking up because it is set up for touch screens and there you get your lock up .

GeoffP
04-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Yep Windows 8 is NOT great... MS has gone crazy.

Auto Rod Technologies
04-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Glad I didn't wait to get a computer then, when I went in the guy said to wait for 8,, which I didn't.. glad now.

MonzaRacer
04-08-2013, 07:34 PM
I've set up several 8 machines on older platforms with little issues, but then we also made sure there was enough ram, and a decent video card that had drivers in 8.
Basically your working with a program, so far MOST operating systems all need tweaking, 7 had a lot of development as it ran in widestream beta testing and had running updates to the beta till it dropped.
8 took a little different path as it has been developed for future technology but also to be used on 7 compatible machines. IF you are buying a boxed machine,,,you get what you pay for.
Pro built systems dialed in FOR the program also helps. A little searching for few tweaks and you should be able to address most issues.

cmac06
04-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Yep, Windows will always have it harder as there is no predefined hardware list as with competitive operating systems. That being said some companies make much better drivers than others. The bus is a lot faster than years of old, and simple timing issues can wreak havoc on the kernel. I think MS has done a formidable job considering the diverse landscape they operate in. If I were to upgrade, I would do like every other rig, and spec one out for the given purpose, and not just go down to the electronics store and pick up a box.

KnightMare
04-09-2013, 11:01 AM
My girlfriend isn't a computer person but I rarely hear any problems with hers. She loves it. I bought her an expensive Toshiba. I'm an IT major and I usually disable features that causes problems on my computers and I did some on hers and the only complaint I hear a couple of times is about where her videos get stored and how to get to them.

rustomatic
04-09-2013, 12:57 PM
This is a surprise? They're just trying to remind of the joys of Vista...

theman3
04-14-2013, 02:38 AM
I do not use the touch screen,where can I find the tweak's? its an hp from best buy,I have already got rid of a lot of crap on it