PDA

View Full Version : Repeating Log in requests

Unregistered
08-16-2005, 04:37 PM
For some reason in the last few days anytime I go to "new posts" it asks me to log in when going from page to page. I have the remember me box checked and it shows me as logged in in the upper right corner. This problem also effects the user profile screens. It does accept my log ins and takes me to the page. It just asks for me to log in repeatedly. Is this a glitch from the transfer to the new server?

Bill Howell
08-16-2005, 05:29 PM
This post shows you as a unregistered guest. Something definately wrong with that. Who are you? user name? If you can not reply email Larry. His email addy is larry (at) pro-touring dot com

Unregistered
08-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Everytime I Log in it kicks me back to the forum main page and I show as logged in but when I try to post it says unregistered. My user name is Analog-kid which it says is already in use. Logging in at the top of the page just sends me back to the forum main page. Any Ideas?

Thanks,
John.

derekf
08-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Might also want to check the shortcut you're using to get to the site - if you're still trying to access via the IP address and not the friendly name, you're likely to get this issue.

Try manually going to pro-touring.com and navigating to the forum that way.

Bill Howell
08-16-2005, 06:13 PM
I just checked and it shows you as being online? I have alerted Larry of the problem by pm. I am sure he will check on it next time he logs in. I will send you a test pm to see if you can retrieve it. Sorry I am not much help on this techno stuff.

Unregistered
08-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Was able to recieve your PM but had to log on at every step. When I hit submit with my reply it askes for log-in again. after success it showed. 0 message sent so I don't know if the reply came through. Really strange. I did try both shortcuts to get in. Same results. Maybe my machine has gone insane.

John.

Bill Howell
08-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Nothing in my pms. Just hang in there, Larry will hopefully figure things out. This happened with another member about two months ago when the server crashed. He could post but could not log on. I think they just reset your member code or something.

Unregistered
08-16-2005, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the help. I'll be going offline in a little while but will be back on tom. afternoon. Hopefully we'll get it worked out. Thanks again for your help.

John.

Larry Callahan
08-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Try it now. I think I found the problem. I made a temporary change over the weekend due to a server problem and never changed it back.

Let me know how it goes.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-16-2005, 09:06 PM
Also, for future reference for people having trouble, the problem may also be a cookie issue. If anyone is still having trouble logging in, add http://65.18.219.5/forum/index.php? to your computer's control panel under trusted sites (Internet / network connections>internet security>advanced if i remeber correctly). We had a similar problem when we first switched over to VBB and were running the forum off the IP rather than the pt.com/forum URL. Adding the IP to your trusted sites list, solved the problem for some.

Analog-kid
08-17-2005, 05:17 AM
Everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the help.

John.

derekf
08-17-2005, 05:31 AM
Which thing fixed it - was it Larry's tweak or something on your end?

Bill Howell
08-17-2005, 07:39 AM
Welcome Back! :)

Piet
08-17-2005, 08:10 AM
Welcome Analog-kid

TonyL
08-17-2005, 08:26 AM
always have these guys try pressing: control+F5 it'll force refresh and pickup the new cookies for the site.

Analog-kid
08-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Nothing changed on my end so Larry's tweak must have worked. Thanks again for the help. I'am not much of a poster ( despise typing) but I do lurk and learn frequently. This is a great site. Thanks again guys.

John