PDA

View Full Version : 3rd gen camaro rear disc brakes on 70 chevelle

exlt1guy
09-06-2004, 03:40 PM
HI everyone just got onto the new boards, the site has a nice look to it. I was curious if anyone has used 3rd gen camaro rear disc brakes on a 70 Chevelle 10 bolt before, i was just seeing what options i have for rear disc, i'm already starting on the c5 brakes for the front, any info would be great

thanks, Justin

gmachinz
09-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Welcome, Justin! I thought about using them on my '78 Monte but instead decided against using the rear discs from those (a little on the small side at about 9" overall)-however, I did use a '90 Iroc Z 4-wheel disc package underhood with the booster, mc and prop. valve. I used a street rod kit for its simplicity and price for the rear and it uses 11.75" rotors. Anyway, if you want details on my design, drop me a line and I'll shoot you some pics! [email protected] -Jabin

Zefhix
09-07-2004, 09:22 PM
If I'm not mistaken the rears off an LS1 Camaro will bolt right up to your 10blt...why the trouble of the 3rd gen.?

exlt1guy
09-09-2004, 12:54 PM
just had the other rearend here going to waste lol, if the ls1 stuff will bolt up too thats always good to know

thanks

Justin

68BNUT
09-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Im researching doing the same swap just on a 68 camaro for the rear just having trouble finding a machine shop that will turn the wheel hubs down for me!! Im about ready to just grab a grinder myself! :attn:

protour_chevelle
09-09-2004, 07:22 PM
Im researching doing the same swap just on a 68 camaro for the rear just having trouble finding a machine shop that will turn the wheel hubs down for me!! Im about ready to just grab a grinder myself! :attn:

Your seriously having trouble? Find a driveline shop. They'll turn em for you. If not a hydraulic shop.(one that makes actual rams).

I listed the ones that I had no questions asked. Driveline shop turned down the outside diameter and Hydraulic shop did my hubs.

-Matt

Zefhix
09-10-2004, 02:14 PM
just had the other rearend here going to waste lol, if the ls1 stuff will bolt up too thats always good to know

thanks

Justin

Yup, the brakets and hardware from an LS1 Camaro/Firebird (98+) will bolt right up to your 10blt/12blt A-Body. If you want to be creative you can make the stock LS1 e-brake setup work or you can give this guy (http://home.comcast.net/~petelohr/einstyn1/einstyn-14.htm) a ring and pick up his very trick setup. :cool: