PDA

View Full Version : sad day at the wracker household,still doing Southern Slam!

71duster
04-02-2013, 05:55 AM
last tuesday was a sad day,for me especially. the short version,new tires cold,cold day,and a deer doesn't mix. long story,i had a long day running around all over hell and back and still managed to get my new wheels and tires mounted. of course,we are getting ready for the Southern Slam and i am freaking out as usual to get ready. so i decide to get the new shoes on the car,take a couple pics,and then take it up the road before lisa got home from work. being tired from the long day,i knew i wasn't going to do anything dumb,unlike any other time. i pull out of the road from the shop and short shift through the gears past the house to warm her up( 40 degrees out). i get a half mile up the road and wouldn't you know it,a damn deer jumps out! i know what you are all thinking,hit the $&cking thing,but i didn't. knowing the cars handling i thought,DODGE IT! well this didn't work out so well on the affore mentioned cold tires. the first mild swerve to the left was cool,a little loose no big deal. back to the rightit slid a little a i had under control. but when it came back it didn't give a damn. it was like i hit black ice! i counter steered like hell to bring it out,but she was coming around! she nosed into the ditch,spun up on the bank,through a barbed wire fence,and came to rest in a horse pasture. of course i was pissed. for those that know me and this car,as my wife says,we have a sick relationship. she thinks i love it more than her(not). i couldn't stand it so last thursday i took off work and Conner and i took her to S.C. to get the damage report. it's pretty bad,but i am hoping the insurance compamy does not total her out since that would take me out for the year at least. i won't go into details on all that,but we are going to make it to the Slam with another car. the funny thing about the whole deal is any other time i would have hit the road raising hell and test it out! oh well,lesson learned. thanks for listening!

the first pic is 5 minutes before it happened.

Barrrf
04-02-2013, 06:41 AM
Fuuuuuu, sorry dude. Do like the new shoes tho..........not that thats any consolation.

71duster
04-02-2013, 08:05 AM
thanks! i'm just hoping insurance fixes her. it is a great solid car. sucky part is,i was just getting her dialed in for this year. wheels were the bow on the package!

ho428
04-02-2013, 10:29 AM
That sucks.
But, there are always options. If insurance hoses it consider going full race with it in Outlaw Vintage.

72BBSwinger
04-02-2013, 12:42 PM
That is not good and im sorry to see a clean Mope get bent up. Now you can get that Shark tooth grille and glass bumper you've always wanted, or maybe not. My wife just got tagged in her Chrysler just driving straight down the street minding her own business. Good luck and stay positive Wrack, it could always be worse. Edit: shoot I just noticed the left front fender! Damn it man! By the way SWEET fuel filler lol!

71duster
04-02-2013, 01:13 PM
That is not good and im sorry to see a clean Mope get bent up. Now you can get that Shark tooth grille and glass bumper you've always wanted, or maybe not. My wife just got tagged in her Chrysler just driving straight down the street minding her own business. Good luck and stay positive Wrack, it could always be worse. Edit: shoot I just noticed the left front fender! Damn it man! By the way SWEET fuel filler lol!

thanks man. i hope your wife is ok! i never really wanted a sharkstooth and i like my chrome bumpers. lol! i actually done the filler door before you could get them for camaro's.

71duster
04-02-2013, 01:16 PM
That sucks.
But, there are always options. If insurance hoses it consider going full race with it in Outlaw Vintage.

lol! you know,i have thought of building another duster and doing some of that! but i don't want to do it with this car,too attached to it. bill reilly and i have talked about to a slammed wide body duster,but damn i can't afford it right now.

FlyDoc
04-02-2013, 02:16 PM
with the Ins. if you show them all the receipts, they should do you OK.

GeoffP
04-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Man that just S-U-C-K-S!!! I feel for ya Eric! It doesn't look that bad in the pictures but pictures just don't seem to convey the whole story. Hopefully insurance doesn't total it or if they do, hopefully you get enough to get it fixed!

As promised you've got some wheel time with my car at the "Slam" and I could use some major help getting mine dialed.

72BBSwinger
04-02-2013, 07:25 PM
thanks man. i hope your wife is ok! i never really wanted a sharkstooth and i like my chrome bumpers. lol! i actually done the filler door before you could get them for camaro's.
Well I thought it was a recent addition and it looks almost identical to mine.

71duster
04-03-2013, 03:38 AM
As promised you've got some wheel time with my car at the "Slam" and I could use some major help getting mine dialed.[/QUOTE]

thanks geoff! i'm in! i'll have flat basterd down there,not really set up for road track as much as auto-x,so we will see how she does.

SRD art
04-03-2013, 07:42 AM
Sorry to hear that! Hope you get it all straightened out quickly...

71duster
04-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Sorry to hear that! Hope you get it all straightened out quickly...

thanks ben. see you at SLAM?

GeoffP
04-03-2013, 05:28 PM
I know I'll miss the Duster - I really enjoyed all the ridealongs at RTTH last year. To me any seat time is better than none! Any idea how long it's going to take to find out if the insurance co is going to total it? I hope it didn't damage the new tires and wheels???

71duster
04-04-2013, 03:52 PM
he sent the quote in today,no idea how long it will take. i need it done by the Heidt's event though! i don't think it messed up the wheels since the dirt was so soft from all the rain.

JEFFTATE
04-05-2013, 06:27 AM
It's just a flesh wound !

protouring70
04-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Glad to see you were ok Eric. See you in a few weeks

HectorM52
04-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Damn man! I didn't know until Rick told me about this today. It really is a shame, the car was really starting to get fast.

71duster
04-08-2013, 11:00 AM
i am going to do another post,but if anyone wants to buy my registration it is on the table. i will coming down,but without a car! the backup is all to hell now,they are totalling my ****,and i am so stressed i think i am going to storke! so sorry guys,but no show this year!

GeoffP
04-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Man I am so ill and sorry to hear they're totalling it. Bring your helmet anyway you still have some drive time with my junk as promised!! I guess the info I sent you didn't help after all... :-(

Beach Cruiser
04-12-2013, 02:38 PM
Sorry to hear, I feel your pain too. May be wrenching on my backup car this weekend too. manhole cover and low car don't mix. See you there!

71duster
04-18-2013, 04:13 AM
Sorry to hear, I feel your pain too. May be wrenching on my backup car this weekend too. manhole cover and low car don't mix. See you there!

holler at me if you need something. i may just bring a bunch of crap if someone needs anything. always willing to wrench.

SparkyRnD
04-18-2013, 07:38 PM
if they do total it, you can offer to buy it back for pennies on the dollar. If not, get some craigslist junker rollers and keep the nice wheels n tires (as well as anything else valuable). If you are going to SLAM, I'll see you there. i'm going without a car, but will be there in my uhaul.

dunnjun
04-19-2013, 07:08 PM
It's just a flesh wound !
I agree it can't be that bad! Buy back and fix it! Theses events are just not the same without you sliding through every corner! How am I supposed to pick the correct line if you are not laying down three tracks? Fix it! If you want a ride I'm available, Eric.
Karl

Mark -G-
04-20-2013, 06:47 PM
Hurts to see and read. Keep it rolling if possible. Hopefully it won't leave your possesion while the paper work is being done. Good luck. :smoke:

71duster
04-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Hurts to see and read. Keep it rolling if possible. Hopefully it won't leave your possesion while the paper work is being done. Good luck. :smoke:

thanks brother!

rchaskin
04-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Nice to meet you.....now go buy a Camaro....LOL.

GeoffP
04-21-2013, 04:15 PM
What a great weekend - thanks for the pointers! Now I just need some wheel time! Don't forget to post some pictures as it comes back together!

SparkyRnD
04-22-2013, 07:16 AM
Eric, damn good hanging out with you this weekend. Remember to get me Bill's address info :)

71duster
04-22-2013, 05:29 PM
thanks guys! i enjoyed it as well. even without the car. and no, i'm not buying a camaro! lol!

GeoffP
04-22-2013, 05:33 PM
Aw come on - you already did once! You can do it again! haha!!

71duster
04-23-2013, 03:51 PM
Aw come on - you already did once! You can do it again! haha!!

lmao! but it was a third gen!