PDA

View Full Version : New York Safety Track Event - May -- UPDATE

lvrpool32
04-01-2013, 10:34 AM
I have been on the phone with Greg at the track today and due to the snow they have had, the final paving stage of the track build is behind schedule.
At this point he doubts the May 1st track opening will happen, and therefore the May 17th date we had will be pushed out.
However he still insists we will be the first car group on the track and will be in touch with a revised date in the next couple of weeks.
Hang in their guys, this track is great and well worth the little longer wait.

Thanks
Nick

68sixspeed
04-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Thanks Nick, really looking forward to this! Dan

Xander123
04-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Nick, would like to join in on the fun. If there is room for another please let me know. I will pm you as well. Thanks

lvrpool32
04-30-2013, 05:07 AM
Guys - have some bad news. The track is ready to take bookings and Greg called me as promised, however the cost for a day's track time will now be $290 (he had originally quoted $350 and we "negotiated")
Now this is way more than he had originally expressed, but I guess when the accountants get involved and they have to balance the books, then reality sets in.
The website is up and running, you can go and sign up as a member and you can attend a members day (for $290).
Its too rich for my blood, I had signed up for an SCDA event at Watkins Glen on July 8th and thats cheaper than they are asking....they still have spots open, so would be cool if a coupel more cars could sign up.

Sorry guys!

68sixspeed
05-01-2013, 07:01 AM
That actually isn't that bad though, especially if it is 1/2 day on track. SCDA and others are $345 for four 25 minutes on track at Lime Rock and others. I'm still "in" - do we just sign up on the website for $99 as a member? (or is that motorcycle only?)

lvrpool32
05-01-2013, 07:18 AM
Yes. Sign up and when they announce member days you can sign up I am not 100% sure what the "web site" price will be for those days though. I am doing the same. I will do a couple of events later in the year.

Nick

sanman357
05-02-2013, 05:05 AM
Do they allow spectators?