PDA

View Full Version : Chassisworks rollcage in a first gen firebird

67bird
03-31-2013, 11:28 AM
Anyone have a Alston Chassisworks rollcage in a first gen Camaro/Firebird? I am trying to see how much clearance the e-brake pedal has on thru dash versus curved applications.

Black93GT
04-18-2013, 11:54 AM
I'm installing their pro-touring cage at the moment. Its supposed to tuck closer to the interior of the car vs. the normal cage. The front bars drop through the dash and I'm trying to get it as close to the body as possible... ie no space for ebrake at all. I'm wanting to use a pull handle ebrake in the center console so I may be of no help. *shrug*

ramz69ss
04-22-2013, 04:32 PM
so far how do you like the cage fit????

i'm stuck buying one also since no one seems to be able to bend a 3.5" centerline on 1-3/4" in DOM.....or want to i should say.

Carl @ Chassisworks
07-01-2013, 12:54 PM
Ben, You're probably already on the way to completion but I'll answer this for future searschers. Our exact fit cage with the through the dash option won't leave you much in the way of parking brake pedal room. The stock interior option will. The drag race style cage, however, leaves plenty of space as it does not go through the dash.

Black93GT - I remember selling you that cage. How's the install coming? Send me pictures!