PDA

View Full Version : Viper Dash In A 69 Camaro

toofun
08-16-2005, 09:26 AM
I LOVE THESE DASHES!! Problem is they may be a bit wide for the camaro, the front face is wobbly as hell, you need all of the pieces from a viper to make it stable, AND they are EXPENSIVE AS ALL HELL!! I am toying with the idea of MAKING a knockoff custom dash that would be similiar to the viper. Anyone ever see one in a 69 camaro or other car? I tried to get some ideas of custom dashes in first gen camaros but everytime I look on the net, I get the covans or dse INSERTS or a very similiar idea. I WANT SOMETHING UNIQUE but cant seem to find many sites that offer ideas on a 69 camaro CUSTOM DASH. Love what Adam did with the newer trans am dash but dont want to go that route. I really love the viper dash. UGH HERE I GO AGAIN!!

CAMAROBOY69
08-16-2005, 12:57 PM
You better do the viper dash and interior before I do in one of my next projects. :lmao: Sounds like a great idea to me. Install a viper engine to really trick it out.
Actually my next major project is going to be a 67 Fastback. :secret:

Ralph LoGrasso
08-16-2005, 01:37 PM
There's a company (forgot their name) that builds cudas and challengers (and other mopars) sporting all viper parts, including the dash. There was a really cool lime green '70 or '71 Challenger convertible in PHR a couple of months back built by them. Viper drivetrain, suspension, 335s, interior. Cool stuff. Maybe someone will know the name. The only problem with the dash was it stuck out way too far when the door was open, since the dash is so deep in length.

KrisHorton
08-16-2005, 02:36 PM
That would be Mike Staveski at Time Machines, in Florida. Top notch.

Kris

toofun
08-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Yea I saw that one in the cuda before. Looked SICK!!! I would love to put it in the camaro but am more worried about the length than the depth. I am planning on doing door panels to match the wing out part of the ends of the dash to the panels. Will stick out alot when the doors are open but when do you really see the doors open at car shows? I always leave them closed. It would definately give you the closed in cockpit effect for sure. My brother has a 2000 VIPER man I love that interior. I figure if I can get him drunk enough Ill rip it out and blame it on vandals :lmao:

Hey Adam, you probably could whip it off in a quarter of the time it will take me. Hope you dont mind if I pick your brain on this one. Im gonna need a ton of tips and tricks to pull this one off. Also looked into putting a viper motor in the car but at 11-14 thousand from a wrecking yard... Im gonna have to put that on the back burner for a while. Besides If I put the seats, dash, door panels, motor and tranny all from a viper in their, Ill have to change my name from TOOFUN to VIPARO, or maybe CAMVIPER... HEY how bout CAMPER!!(LOL)!!

ViperBlue68
08-18-2005, 10:45 AM
Yea I saw that one in the cuda before. Looked SICK!!! I would love to put it in the camaro but am more worried about the length than the depth. I am planning on doing door panels to match the wing out part of the ends of the dash to the panels. Will stick out alot when the doors are open but when do you really see the doors open at car shows? I always leave them closed. It would definately give you the closed in cockpit effect for sure. My brother has a 2000 VIPER man I love that interior. I figure if I can get him drunk enough Ill rip it out and blame it on vandals :lmao:

Hey Adam, you probably could whip it off in a quarter of the time it will take me. Hope you dont mind if I pick your brain on this one. Im gonna need a ton of tips and tricks to pull this one off. Also looked into putting a viper motor in the car but at 11-14 thousand from a wrecking yard... Im gonna have to put that on the back burner for a while. Besides If I put the seats, dash, door panels, motor and tranny all from a viper in their, Ill have to change my name from TOOFUN to VIPARO, or maybe CAMVIPER... HEY how bout CAMPER!!(LOL)!!

:poke: Hey lets keep the Viper jokes to a minimum!

Samckitt
08-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Anyone have a pic of this dash? I am not familiar with it.
Scot

toofun
08-19-2005, 03:08 AM
Hope this link works,

I have included a picture of the VIPER dashes. A gen I and Gen II I also PHOTOHACKED the gen one dash into my car so go easy on me, I am not an expert in photoshop.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/draggingmedowntoo/album?.dir=/7e8a

I know what I am going to go with for the logo. I photoshoped the chevy emblem and a head of a VIPER snake together. Let me know what you think?

If this works out I may have to bite the bullet and buy a complete VIPER motor and tranny. If I do, I definately will have to change the name to

SNAKE BITTEN

Mark
TOOFUN

CAMAROBOY69
08-19-2005, 03:11 AM
Mark,
Your right that would look great in there. Excellent job with the Logo and the car name. I think it is perfect. :kewlpics:
If you want that emblem cut out of aluminum or stainelss let me know.

toofun
08-19-2005, 03:35 AM
Hey Adam , you read my mind. I was going to ask you about that. I think we will definatley be talking ALOT!! I really am gonna have my work cut out for me on this project but I think it will be worth it in the end. Only problem I see so far is that the camaro width is about 53 inches and the Viper dash( which is arced) is 49 inches tip to tip. So the edges will stick out a bit. Also will have to fabricate a console to meet the bottom edge since the original Viper console is way too wide to fit a pair of seats near them. Any info or tips you can share would be appreciated.....

Mark
TOOFUN
(SNAKEBITTEN)

formula
08-24-2005, 08:11 AM
am i the only person who thinks its gonna be an incredible hassle to get the center console to look right? i havent seen these cudas though so they may have an answer already...

vipercuda
09-23-2005, 06:37 PM
You can check out the viper cars at
www.timemachinesinc.com (http://www.timemachinesinc.com)
www.sixshooter.info (http://www.sixshooter.info)

Some people like them others hate there really is no in between.
The yellow cuda is my car.
Thanks & Good luck
Mike

toofun
09-23-2005, 09:04 PM
Love the way it looks Mike!!! What do you think it would cost ball park figure to put one of those in my Camaro?

Mark
TOOFUN