PDA

View Full Version : Willwood 19 days still no brakes shipped!

Enzo Damico
03-26-2013, 06:51 AM
Wow good thing I have not taken old ones off I would be pissed.

dontlifttoshift
03-26-2013, 08:09 AM
Never take anything off until the new parts are in hand.

What's the point of this post?

Enzo Damico
03-26-2013, 08:48 AM
No point just venting ,I had to write the check to credit card company for it today.Thanks for listening.

dontlifttoshift
03-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Okay. It is frustrating waiting for parts, especially when they are paid for. All you can do is stay in contact and be patient.

67rally
03-26-2013, 11:35 AM
Wow good thing I have not taken old ones off I would be pissed.

Who did you order it from?

Enzo Damico
03-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Matts classic bowties ,was supposed to get a call from them,never did.Really nice people their,but they never call me back.I tried to bypass them and call willwood they can't give me any info,unless matts calls up.I wonder how Baer brakes works.one thing I know willwood web sites looks like my 6 year old son deseigned it ,it's terrible.!

ROBS6T8
03-26-2013, 02:22 PM
Sorry to hear this. I had brakes dropped shipped by them when I ordered a custom set up from Summit. Was at my door before the date told to me. I guess it might help that I only live 2 hours from them. But Wilwood was very helpful in telling me the part numbers that I had to order from Summit in making this package. I bet 67Rally knows what I'm talking about! :)

Enzo Damico
03-26-2013, 02:33 PM
I've have noticed all the big companies like jeg and summit have parts shipped so quick within 2 days all these small guys take forever on getting thing turned around.just got my power steering shipped took three weeks!which was in stock at pol performance.I hear Bear brakes ship quick.I just which these companies would just let you know up front.If I would have known it would take a month for brakes from matts bow tie, I probably would have went a different way.they did not tell me that though.

dontlifttoshift
03-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Time out, did it ever occur to you that maybe Wilwood is out of stock on what you ordered?

Enzo Damico
03-26-2013, 03:57 PM
Matts just called me up and told me they do not have any hoses in stock.This is the reason they have not shipped.Also matts was able to get six or nine sets I forget what they said right before the goodguys show with no problem.hmmm.

dontlifttoshift
03-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Man, its a conspiracy. Parts were in stock and then they ran out?!? That's completely unheard of.......

Smittys
03-26-2013, 04:19 PM
I have several kits waiting on hoses to ship also.

Enzo Damico
03-26-2013, 04:21 PM
This is my punishment for not going to the good guys show.

icemanrd19
03-26-2013, 04:26 PM
MCB has always taken care of me. Tell them to ship what you need without the hoses and refund the difference. see if theres another hose alternative for you.

Enzo Damico
03-26-2013, 04:57 PM
They did just that.They told them ship with out hoses.

daveybtv
03-27-2013, 06:41 PM
Baer not so quick .. I orderd Feb 5th just got them today but i was tld could take 6weeks when i orderd them.

rustomatic
03-28-2013, 02:55 PM
My steering rack setup took about two months to arrive--don't blame the people you bought the stuff from, especially if your stuff's drop-shipped from the factory. It is also coming to a kind of high season for people to be freaking out on cars... Custom parts are not like cereal...

67rally
03-29-2013, 05:49 AM
Sorry to hear this. I had brakes dropped shipped by them when I ordered a custom set up from Summit. Was at my door before the date told to me. I guess it might help that I only live 2 hours from them. But Wilwood was very helpful in telling me the part numbers that I had to order from Summit in making this package. I bet 67Rally knows what I'm talking about! :)

Yup, I ordered through a smaller vendor. For whatever reason, Wilwood would not let me order directly through them. It wasn't as quick as Robert's deal, but I was just happy that I actually got the brakes since that vendor went out of business shortly thereafter.

I was on the phone with Wilwood a few times leading up to the order and they were very helpful in putting together the part numbers for the custom setup I wanted. It seems like every vendor is super busy right now. Between racing season and tax return season. If you're in a hurry to get parts, be prepared to be frustrated.....

MCB Matt
04-30-2013, 11:41 AM
Hey guys, not trying to stir anything up here....Truth of the matter is they did not inform us about the hoses...I sell Multiple kits every day and i would think they would have told me.

You order was placed with us and went directly to Wilwood as it should have....

I hate backorders too, i have dozens of kits waiting to ship.....

It IS the busy time of year in this business and wait times are a little longer..

Going to a Diff. vendor would not have gotten the kit to you any faster as its a manufacture supply deal...

Please know we do what we can when we can and we RIDE our suppliers and hold them to a VERY high standard as we spend a lot of money with a lot of them!

Thanks
Matt

MCB Matt
04-30-2013, 11:49 AM
Also, just to add, we had 4 complete kits at Goodguys, they sold out before 10am, we are going to order several more soon...The fact that MCB has sold several dozen of these kits, plus all their other dealers selling them...

They knew these kits would sell but NOT this many this fast!! (I knew though!!)

Matt