PDA

View Full Version : New / Revised Forum Rules -- Please note.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-15-2005, 10:13 PM
In an effort to address some of the issues that have occured with the forum, and forum growth over the past two years, I decided to revise and rewrite the forum rules. This was done in response to some of the new problems we've discovered since the previous rules were written, as well as several new policies we've established. Please take a look at the new rules, which are posted atop the open discussion forum, the outhouse forum, and the welcome to our message board forum. Direct link: http://65.18.219.5/forum/showthread.php?t=9761

Thanks,
Admin.

yody
08-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Rules?? BOO! oh wait, i might be banned :)

formula
08-16-2005, 10:23 AM
what was the change?

Foudie
08-16-2005, 10:25 AM
Rules?? BOO! oh wait, i might be banned :)

Nothing said about politics so you and I can still rant back and forth :machine:

Bill Howell
08-16-2005, 11:10 AM
what was the change?

The main change is in regards to sponsors and businesses selling stuff without paying to be a sponsor. We have gone to a sponsorship board and had to be sure everyone understood what that means. Since there are sponsors that pay money to advertise here now, we have to be fair to them and protect their vested interest. By posting the rule changes, we hopefully can avoid issues later.
Also, a small change about using the "For Sale" section. While we welcome participating members to use it, we have had alot of folks coming in lately and their first post was to sell something. I feel we should at least recognize your name before you start selling stuff. Now you must have been a member for three months or have 25 posts.

No major problems, just some needed house keeping.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-16-2005, 01:46 PM
As Bill stated, those are the major changes. There are some other minor changes as well from the old rules.

PeteRR
08-16-2005, 03:39 PM
what was the change?
No Chevrolets. :box2: :lmao: :drive2: :poke: :bananna2:

harshman
08-16-2005, 04:45 PM
Nothing said about politics so you and I can still rant back and forth :machine:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: go um... whoever lost last prez race.

nancejd
08-16-2005, 05:08 PM
I think you broke your own rule Ralph, you posted the new rules in at least three places! :rolleyes5

Ralph LoGrasso
08-16-2005, 09:34 PM

Rules have been updated again. That was one thing I forgot.

Ralph LoGrasso
08-16-2005, 09:34 PM
I think you broke your own rule Ralph, you posted the new rules in at least three places! :rolleyes5

heh, yeah I broke 'em. Those are the 3 most visited forums(atleast by newbs), so it's only fitting to post them in there.

JoshStratton
08-24-2005, 10:27 AM
I feel we should at least recognize your name before you start selling stuff. Now you must have been a member for three months or have 25 posts.
Thank you SO MUCH! OMG that was driving me nutts!!! I was going to say something but I didn't want to complain....its just rediculous. :hail: